DUBLIN, Nov. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Aerogel Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Form (Blanket, Particle, Panel, Monolith), By Product (Silica, Carbon, Polymers), By End Use, By Technology, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global aerogel market is expected to reach USD 3.29 billion by 2025, exhibiting a 22.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
The market is majorly driven by growing demand from various end-use industries such as oil and gas, building and construction, automotive, aerospace and marine, and performance coatings.
Robust expansion of the building and construction industry will positively impact demand for aerogel over the forecast period as number of residential and commercial construction projects rise across the globe.
North America was the largest regional market in 2016 in terms of revenue, driven by robust growth in various end-use industries, especially in U.S. Furthermore, positive outlook of the oil and gas industry is expected to boost demand over the next few years. Aerogel offers several advantages such as low installation costs and improved pipeline compression resistance.
The market is fragmented in nature and is marked by presence of several global as well as regional players. Key players include Aspen Aerogels Inc., Cabot Corporation, Aerogel Technologies LLC, BASF SE, and Dow Corning Corporation. The vendor landscape is characterized by new product launches as manufacturers are investing on R&D activities to increase their market presence across geographies.
- By product, the silica-based aerogel segment was valued at USD 394.67 million in 2016. Silica is the most commonly used aerogel and is widely used for insulation purposes in various industries such as oil and gas, construction, and automotive.
- Blanket emerged as the largest form segment in 2016, accounting for 70.3% of the global revenue. Monolith, particle, and panel together made up for rest of the global revenue.
- On the basis of end use, the building and construction sector is slated to hold the largest market share by 2025 in terms of revenue. Space heating consumes most of the energy in homes and efforts are being taken to increase the usage of aerogel for insulation.
- By technology, supercritical drying was estimated to be the largest segment in 2016, accounting for 78.1% of the global revenue.
- Europe was the second-largest market, driven by projects such as AerSUS (run by a group of companies and research institutions to develop new aerogel applications and products for the aerospace industry). Such initiatives are expected to result in the further expansion of the aerogel market in Europe.
- The global aerogel market is highly competitive with a handful of key players such as Aspen Aerogels and Cabot Corporation holding a majority share of the market. These players have a stronghold in R&D, better intellectual properties, established and well-recognized products, and brands, thereby making it difficult for new players to compete in the market.
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3 List of Data Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Summary
Chapter 3 Aerogel Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market segmentation and scope
3.2 Penetration and growth prospect mapping
3.3 Value chain analysis
3.4 Regulatory framework
3.5 Technological overview
3.5.1 Manufacturing Process - An overview
3.6 Aerogel market dynamics
3.6.1 Market driver analysis
18.104.22.168 Increasing demand for efficient thermal resistance
22.214.171.124 Thinner and lightweight alternatives
3.6.2 Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199 High production costs
3.7 Aerogel market - Porter's analysis
3.8 Aerogel market - PESTEL analysis
Chapter 4 Aerogel Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Product movement analysis & market share, 2016 & 2025
Chapter 5 Aerogel Market: Form Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Form movement analysis & market share, 2016 & 2025
Chapter 6 Aerogel Market: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 End-use movement analysis & market share, 2016 & 2025
6.2 Oil & Gas
6.3 Building & Construction
6.4 Automotive, Aerospace & Marine
6.5 Performance Coatings
Chapter 7 Aerogel Market: Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Technology movement analysis & market share, 2016 & 2025
7.2 Supercritical Drying
Chapter 8 Aerogel Market: Regional Estimates and Trend Analysis
8.1 Regional movement analysis & market share, 2016 and 2025
8.2 North America
8.4 Asia Pacific
8.5 Latin America
8.6 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
9.1 Vendor landscape
9.2 Competitive environment
9.3 Strategic Framework
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
10.1 Aspen Aerogels, Inc.
10.1.1 Company Overview
10.1.2 Financial Performance
10.1.3 Product Benchmarking
10.1.4 Strategic Initiatives
10.2 Cabot Corporation
10.3 Aerogel Technologies LLC
10.4 Active Aerogels, LDA
10.5 BASF SE
10.6 JIOS Aerogel Corporation
10.7 American Aerogel Corporation
10.8 Nano High-Tech Co. Ltd.
10.9 Dow Corning Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s6lhpw/the_global?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets