DUBLIN, April 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Global Ophthalmic Devices Market (By Applications, Products, End Users, Regions), Major Deals, Trends, Key Players Analysis, Recent Developments - Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The factors such as increasing prevalence of eye-related diseases such as glaucoma, cataract, and others, rapid technological advancements, increase in initiatives to spread awareness, and high adoption of digital devices globally fuels the growth of global ophthalmology devices market. Although these factors are expected to drive the ophthalmic devices market growth, elements such as the high cost of ophthalmic devices and a dearth of skilled professionals with expertise in ophthalmic surgery are projected to hamper the growth of the market.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Global Ophthalmic Devices Market.
By Application Segment - Global Ophthalmic Devices Market and Forecast
- On the basis of application, the vision care segment dominated the overall ophthalmic devices market.
- Surgical instruments devices held the second highest share of the overall ophthalmic devices market, while the diagnostic & monitoring devices segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
By-Products - Global Ophthalmic Devices Market and Forecast
- On product basis, contact lens held the largest share of the ophthalmic devices market, while, cataract surgery devices accounted for second-highest share of the total ophthalmic devices market.
- Retinal surgery devices are the third largest product segment of the ophthalmic devices market in 2018.
- The global market for fundus cameras was valued close to US$ 430 Million in 2018.
- The global optical coherence tomography (OCT) scanner market is poised to grow at a CAGR of around 9.5% during the forecast period 2019 - 2025.
- The global cataract surgery devices market is projected to reach close to US$ 9 Billion mark by 2025.
By End Users - Global Ophthalmic Devices Market and Forecast
- Consumers segment accounted for the highest share of the global ophthalmic devices market, as a majority of the ophthalmic products such as vision care products are used by the common consumers.
- Hospitals and ophthalmic clinics & centers captured the 2nd and 3rd largest share of the overall ophthalmic devices market respectively in 2018.
- Ambulatory surgical centers are likely to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period, as these centers provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment that is less stressful than what many hospitals can offer.
By Region - Ophthalmic Devices Market and Forecast
- North America dominated the global ophthalmic devices market in 2018.
- In North America, the United States captured the highest share of the total ophthalmic devices market in 2018.
- Europe represents a major market for ophthalmic devices, owing to rising chronic eye diseases among the geriatric population.
- In Europe, Germany and the United Kingdom are the major market for ophthalmic devices.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period due to the presence of untapped opportunities in emerging economies such as China and India.
- Argentina ophthalmic devices market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period 2019 - 2025.
- China accounted for nearly 4% share of the global ophthalmic devices market in 2018.
- Alcon, Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Ellex Medical Lasers
- Escalon Medical
- Iridex Corporation
- Nidek Co., Ltd.
- Second Sight Medical Products Inc.
- Topcon Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tb9l22
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets