CHICAGO, Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Frequent travelers know all the tricks to breeze through airports but what about families trying to get to grandma's for the holidays? The travel experts at The GO Group, LLC. offer these tips to simplify the process.
- Avoid flying during prime time and never take the last flight of the day to avoid being stranded at the airport overnight due to delays.
- Leave early to allow for extra time at the airport for check-in and security. Book a private van to get to the airport to avoid airport parking hassles and to ensure room for luggage and gifts.
- Use a harness to let toddlers walk around without the risk of getting lost and to allow you free hands when you have to present documents to airport officials.
- Use the lane designated for families. You will need to remove your child from carriers and strollers for X-rays. Children must walk independently through scanners, but the TSA is not allowed to separate children from parents. Coats and shoes need to be removed regardless of age; plan for this when dressing for your trip. Visit the TSA website for complete rules.
- Try to board the plane last to allow as much time as possible for young ones to burn off energy. Sit at the back so your kids have a little room to walk around. The back of the plane tends to be louder, which helps to drown out noisy children.
- Ask for bottles and meals to be warmed in advance. Cabins don't have microwaves and have to heat using hot water in the galley.
- Toys and portable DVD players are a must to keep antsy children entertained. If you are traveling with another adult, book seats apart so one person can rest while the other entertains.
Preparation and advanced knowledge of available options are key to minimizing anxiety and stress when traveling with children.
The GO Group, LLC. is a convenient, one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. The company serves some 60 airports in North America, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe, transporting more than 13 million passengers per year. Travelers can book ground transportation to and from both departure and destination airports through GO's website, www.goairportshuttle.com.
SOURCE The GO Group, LLC.