SAINT-DENIS, France, April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The Société du Grand Paris will publish a preliminary information notice in the Official Journal of the European Union concerning the first civil engineering works contracts for Line 15 South of the Grand Paris Express (33 km of underground lines, 16 stations between Pont-de-Sèvres and Noisy-Champs, and 38 related engineering structures).
Eight main works contracts are planned, with bidding phases spread over the second quarter of 2015 up to the second quarter of 2016. The contracts will include, as appropriate, station construction, bored tunnels, specific structures (transition structures, yards) and additional works to the lines (emergency access, ventilation). The Société du Grand Paris plans to select five to seven candidates for each tender process. Related works that are not included in the first contracts will be put out to tender separately from 2016 onwards.
The current information notice is published in a spirit of transparency and to inform all parties involved in public works of the intentions of the Société du Grand Paris regarding future consultations. At this stage, it is not a competitive tender and has no effect on the deadline for bids from European Union companies that may wish to be candidates to the forthcoming calls for tenders from the Société du Grand Paris.
About the Société du Grand Paris
The Société du Grand Paris is a public agency set up by the French state to design and implement the new Grand Paris automatic metro. The SGP heads a transport network project, the Grand Paris Express, the route of which has been decided after unprecedented public debate that brought together the points of view of the state and of the Ile-de-France region. The project now enjoys strong support from the region's inhabitants and their elected officials.
A TOTAL OF EIGHT MAIN CONTRACTS FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING WORKS ON LINE 15 SOUTH
1. The consultation process on civil works is launched for the Fort d'Issy Vanves Clamart station. Seven other civil works contracts are to come (excluding specific related works contracts).
2. For the work from Fort d'Issy Vanves Clamart station (excluded) to Villejuif Louis Aragon station (included): an 8.3 km tunnel, five stations (Châtillon Montrouge, Bagneux, Arcueil Cachan, Villejuif IGR, Villejuif Louis Aragon); related work for the TBM starting shaft at Robespierre park in Bagneux.
3. For the work from the Ile de Monsieur starting shaft to Fort d'Issy Vanves Clamart station (excluded): a 4.2 km tunnel, two stations - Pont de Sevres, Issy RER; related work for the TBM starting shaft at Ile de Monsieur.
4. Line 15 yard at Noisy Champs (cut and cover section).
5. For work between Noisy Champs station (excluded) and Bry Villiers Champigny station (excluded): TBM starting shaft to the south of Noisy Champs, tunnelling up to Bry Villiers Champigny, excluding the station (4.7 km), then tunnelling the connection to maintenance and storage sites (transition structure, including starting and exit shafts).
6. For the section between Bry Villiers Champigny station (included) and Créteil: the three stations of Bry Villiers Champigny, Champigny Centre and Saint Maur Créteil; the transition structure for lines 15 South and 15 East; the tunnel boring (6.6 km); the starting shaft of the TBM is located at Bry Villiers Champigny station; the exit shaft at Créteil (F. Desmond stadium) is not part of the contract.
7. For the section from Creteil to Villejuif Louis Aragon station (excluded): the four stations of Créteil l'Echat, Vert de Maison, Ardoines and Vitry Centre; the boring of two tunnels of 3.3 km and 4 km, the TBM starting shafts (Arrighi wasteland) and exit shafts in Créteil (F. Desmond stadium); the second exit shaft is located in Villejuif Louis Aragon station, which is not part of the contract. The transition structure between Line 15 South and connection to the infrastructure and maintenance site, the tunnel (one way) for access to the infrastructure and maintenance site (1.1 km), cut and cover and open section of about 415 m for access to the infrastructure and maintenance site.
8. Noisy Champs station and Line 16 yard (cut and cover section).
Related works that are not included in the contracts will be covered in other tenders from 2016 onwards.
SOURCE The Société du Grand Paris