PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Green Grid® Association, the global authority on effective and accountable resource efficiency across the entire information and communications technology (ICT) ecosystem, has released the full conference agenda for its 2016 Forum and Members Meeting, which will be held March 8-9 in Seattle.
Featuring more than 25 thought-provoking sessions led by ICT industry experts and thought leaders from both the government and private sectors, Forum 2016 will examine "The Economics of Sustainable IT" and the benefits and challenges of pursuing sustainability. The event will be keynoted by Christian Belady of Microsoft and Dr. Steven W. Hammond of the National Renewable Energy Lab.
Panels and break-out sessions at Forum 2016 will take an in-depth look at IT sustainability, including emerging solutions for achieving resource efficiency in the data center. Sessions will also provide a closer review of The Green Grid's newest projects, including:
- Data Center Maturity Model (DCMM) 2.0 – Get a first look at The Green Grid's latest DCMM, which incorporates the most relevant technology advancements since its initial release
- IT Capacity and Utilization Metric Development – Shape development of the new metric in real time when the panel presents its work to date for review
- Data Center Equipment Energy Efficiency Regulation: ENERGY STAR and Beyond – Understand the importance of The Green Grid engagement with regulatory bodies, industry advocates and standards organizations to ensure a consistent, influential position on key regulations and standards
- EMEA Research – Dive into new research from The Green Grid that reveals the disconnect between resource efficiency goals and the measures needed to make effective change
- Modern Assessment of the ITIC/CBEMA Curve – Get a sneak peek into new ways to lower risk associated with power quality and increase efficiencies
Hosted at the Hilton Seattle Airport Hotel & Conference Center in Seattle, Washington, Forum 2016 will provide insight into strategies, best practices and tools for best-in-class management of resource-efficient, sustainable data centers from stakeholders working across the ICT spectrum. Sessions are arranged to ensure ample time for attendees to network, collaborate and share insight with experts, data center owners/operators and industry representatives – including at a special evening function.
"Forum 2016 takes place at a time when organizations are keenly interested in leveraging the current technical and scientific efforts to make sustainability and resource efficiency primary goals of all corporate and governmental programs," said Roger Tipley, president and chair of The Green Grid Board of Directors. "The Green Grid views Forum 2016 as a venue for discussions about a sustainable, interconnected society and economy in which information technology drives growth and productivity across industries."
For more information about Forum 2016 or to register, please click here. Special early-bird registration rates are available until February 8, 2016.
About The Green Grid
The Green Grid Association is a global consortium of nearly 200 member entities – companies, government agencies, educational institutions and individuals – dedicated to driving effective and accountable resource efficiency across the entire information and communications technology (ICT) ecosystem with a holistic approach, including all IT, facility and infrastructure systems. As the global authority on resource efficient information technology and data centers,
The Green Grid spans the entire computing and communications ecosystem – from data centers to personal computers – and provides the global IT industry with metrics, tools and best practices to improve resource efficiency.
The Green Grid does not endorse vendor-specific products or solutions; instead, it seeks to provide industry-wide recommendations on best practices, metrics and technologies that will improve overall resource efficiencies. For membership and other information, please visit: www.thegreengrid.org.
Connect with The Green Grid:
The Green Grid is a registered trademark of The Green Grid Association.
The Green Grid Association
Phone: +1 781-418-2474
SOURCE The Green Grid Association