DUBLIN, June 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Food and Beverage E-commerce Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Implications and Growth" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global food and beverage e-commerce market is expected to grow from $14.9 billion in 2019 to about $22.4 billion in 2020. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, most people are now working from home and in self-quarantine. Therefore, they are preferring to purchase food, beverages and other essential groceries online. The market is expected to stabilize and reach $34.6 billion at a CAGR of 23.4% through 2023. Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the food & beverages e-commerce market in 2019.
An increase in smartphone users has given a boost to Food and Beverage (F&B) e-commerce sales worldwide. Smartphone users are the primary online shoppers for the F&B industry and with the increasing number of them, there is a potential increase in online shopping for food and beverages. As per an article published by k-commerce, the world smartphone users reached 3.2 billion in 2019 and are expected to grow by 600 million within the next two years and 200 million of these are expected from India and China alone. General Mills, a US-based grocery store chain, is already seeing 10% of their sales occurring online, and by 2022, online grocery shopping is expected to be a $100 billion business. Hence increase in smartphone users and internet penetration is driving growth in F&B e-commerce.
With an increase in technology and changing human interaction with any product or service, online shopping and web surfing for Food & Beverage (F&B) products or services is diurnal. This is positively effecting the F&B e-commerce, in 2019, it's estimated there are 1.92 billion digital buyers, and e-commerce sales account for 14.1% of retail purchases worldwide and is expected to rise to 22% in 2023. 80% of consumers prefer detailed information about purchases and considered this crucial to make buying decisions. Hence this trend will boost and increase the scope for online food and beverage businesses.
Supplier and producers cost will be the key restraint for the food and beverage e-commerce market. These include the cost incurred for order fulfillment, delivery cost, adjusting business resources to dynamic market demand and last-mile connectivity. Besides, there are costs of cardboard boxes for packaging, gas, mileage and driver time to factor in. A report from Capgemini in 2019 shows that retailers' net profit could fall by up to 26% in the next three years, if they don't radically improve last-mile solutions, despite increased online grocery sales. Since the majority of products have a very limited shelf life, the supply chain has to have no gaps, be robust and have zero resource wastage, to achieve profitable margins. Therefore the costs incurred by the supplier side may restrain the growth of the food and beverage market.
Major players in the food and beverage e-commerce market are Amazon Fresh, Peapod, Google Express, Walmart, Pepsi Co, General Mills, Nature Box, Thrive Market, Costco, and Kroger.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider food and beverage e-commerce market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the influence of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its growth.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the growth trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The food and beverage e-commerce market section of the report gives context. It compares the food and beverage e-commerce market with other segments of the food and beverage e-commerce market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, food and beverage e-commerce indicators comparison.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Food and Beverage E-commerce Market Characteristics
3. Food and Beverage E-commerce Market Size And Growth
3.1. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Food and Beverage E-commerce Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Grocery Delivery And Pickup
- DTC Products, Meal Kits And Fresh Ready-To-Eat Meals
- Restaurant Meal Delivery
4.2. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Market, Segmentation By Delivery Channel, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Store Pick-Up
- Home Delivery
4.3. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Market, Segmentation By End Users, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5. Food and Beverage E-commerce Market Regional And Country Analysis
5.1. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Food and Beverage E-commerce Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Amazon Fresh
- Beer Cartel
- Bon Bon Bon
- Con' Olio Oils & Vinegar
- Cuvee Coffee
- Di Bruno Bros
- General Mills
- Google Express
- Mondelez International
- Nature Box
- Pepsi Co
- Silk Road Teas
- Sub-Zero Superfoods
- Thrive Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gklvac
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets