The Latino Coalition Announces Leadership Inaugural Event and Distinguished Host Committee
Dec 19, 2016, 11:30 ET
WASHINGTON, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Latino Coalition (TLC), the leading national non-partisan advocacy organization representing Hispanic businesses and consumers, today announced that the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI) will join TLC as co-host for an event to celebrate the inauguration of Donald J. Trump.
"We're so honored to be hosting this event in conjunction with the presidential inauguration festivities in January, and to be joined in this effort by the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute," said TLC Chairman Hector Barreto, former administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
"The Latino Coalition is looking forward to working with the Trump administration to advance opportunities for Latinos, particularly through the unique vehicle of small-business ownership. Our celebration on the 18th of January will be just the beginning of what our two organizations believe will be a productive and collaborative relationship with the incoming administration," Barreto added.
Former Congressman and CHLI Chairman and Founding Member Lincoln Diaz-Balart pointed out: "I speak for our entire Board of Directors when I say it is a genuine privilege for CHLI to host this important Presidential Inaugural event with The Latino Coalition. With great optimism we look forward to a future of freedom and prosperity for all."
"Presidential inaugurations are great, historic moments of American unity and optimism," said TLC National Executive Director Allen Gutierrez. "We are looking forward to celebrating the new president, then helping his team lead an economic rebirth for our nation that includes terrific opportunities for Latino business owners and consumers."
The January 18th event has already attracted more than a dozen honorary host committee members, including Mercedes Viana-Schlapp, Co-Founder, Cove Strategies, and Daniel Garza, Executive Director of The Libre Initiative.
"It's an honor to serve on the host committee of this event," said Viana-Schlapp. "I've worked with TLC and CHLI throughout my career and know how sincere they are about celebrating and helping President-elect Trump during his transition into office and beyond."
"It's important for the Hispanic community to be represented during inauguration week festivities," said Garza. "This event promises to be the premier Latino event of the 2017 inauguration; I'm delighted to play a role as a host committee member."
Honorary host committee members for TLC's Presidential Inauguration Event include:
- Irma Aguirre, Owner, El Sombrero & President Elect Trump's- Small Business Advisory Committee
- Hector V. Barreto, Chairman, The Latino Coalition
- Rachel Campos –Duffy, Fox News Contributor
- James Campos, Senior Advisor to the President Nevada State College/ Nevada State Taxicab Authority Commissioner
- Adrienne Foster, Executive Director, Office of Governor Sam Brownback
- Omar Franco, Office Managing Director, Becker & Poliakoff
- Teri Galvez, President, Paradigm Event Management
- Joxel Garcia, Executive Director, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Daniel Garza, Executive Director, The Libre Initiative
- Mary Ann Gómez Orta, President & CEO, Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI)
- Neri A. Martinez, Executive Director of the Future Majority Project, Republican State Leadership Committee
- Charles Munoz, former Trump/ Pence State Director for Nevada/ Member of Presidential Inaugural Committee
- Jerry M. Natividad, President / CEO, American Facility Services Group
- Alfonso Pino, MD - Managing Partner, Allied Anesthesia Associates, Dallas, Texas and Owner, Gatewood Vineyards and Winery, Dublin, Texas
- Jeanette Prenger, President & CEO, ECCO Select
- Cici Rojas, President, Tico Sports
- Manuel Rosales, Chairman, Hispanic Business Roundtable Institute
- Jenny Korn, Deputy Political Director, Republican National Committee
- Mercedes Viana-Schlapp, Co-Founder, Cove Strategies & Fox News Contributor
- Gail M. Smith, Managing Director, Impacto Latino
- Elizabeth Vasquez-Gallagher, Chairwoman, City Connect
ABOUT THE LATINO COALITION- The Latino Coalition (TLC) was founded in 1995 by a group of Hispanic business owners from across the country to research and develop policies solutions relevant to Latinos. TLC is a non-profit nationwide organization with offices in California, Washington, DC and Guadalajara, Mexico. Established to address and engage on key issues that that directly affect the well-being of Hispanics in the United States, TLC's agenda is to create and promote initiatives and partnerships that will foster economic equivalency and enhance and empower overall business, economic and social development for Latinos. Visit www.thelatinocoalition.com.
ABOUT CHLI: The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI) is the premier organization founded by Members of Congress and corporate executive leaders to advance the Hispanic community's economic progress with a focus on social responsibility and global competitiveness. Founded in 2003, CHLI is a 501(c)3 non-profit and non-partisan organization. CHLI is dedicated to fostering a broad awareness of the diversity of thought, heritage, interests, and views of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent.
SOURCE The Latino Coalition
Share this article