BOSTON and WASHINGTON, Dec. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cengage Learning is partnering with the National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) to offer online courses, career training, and career transition assistance to NAWB members and the job-seekers they serve. NAWB represents approximately 550 workforce development boards and their 12,000+ business members to ensure job training programs meet the needs of employers. Cengage Learning's Career Online High School program, which provides accredited high school diplomas and career certificates, will also be available to job seekers.
The resources will be offered at discount through an online portal.
"Expanding our relationship with NAWB to make this wide array of resources available enables individual career centers to better serve job seekers and better support local economic development," said Dawn Gerrain, senior vice president for skills and global product management at Cengage Learning.
The custom NAWB portal developed by Cengage Learning offers resources for both job seekers and the employees at workforce development boards who serve them. Resources include:
- Career Online High School: accredited online high school diploma and career certificate program.
- Online Courses: 350+ instructor-led soft skills and professional skills online courses covering healthcare, business, IT, leadership, teaching, accounting and project management.
- Career Training Programs: 100+ career training programs for pharmacy technician, medical transcription, project management, paralegal, six sigma, medical coding and billing, and A+ Certification.
- Career Assessment: an online survey tool that helps students discover their unique strengths and which careers will help them best leverage their skills.
- Career Transitions: an online tool to help job-seekers find employment. Individuals start by assessing their career interests and exploring career paths, and get assistance with resume and cover letter building, interview simulations and job search help.
- TeamUP: professional development specifically for teachers and instructors that includes online workshops & training courses to earn CEUs
"Workforce board directors and board members are increasingly seeking opportunities for professional development and continuous learning – just as are their job seekers. This partnership with Cengage Learning provides NAWB an opportunity to offer our members easily-accessible, low-cost professional development tools and courses," said Ron Painter, NAWB Chief Executive Officer, "we look forward to our members' feedback as we continue to expand available learning opportunities."
NAWB members can access these resources at: http://www.ed2go.com/pages/nawb/.
For more information on Cengage Learning's workforce development solutions, please visit http://solutions.cengage.com/WorkforceDevelopment/. To speak with a Cengage Learning spokesperson about this program, please contact Kristina Massari at email@example.com.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides superior content, personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that accelerate student engagement and transform the learning experience. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Boston, MA with an office hub located in San Francisco, CA. Cengage Learning employees reside in nearly 40 different countries with company sales in more than 125 countries around the world. For more information, go to: www.cengage.com.
About the National Association of Workforce Boards
NAWB support its members through a comprehensive program of advocacy, training and technical assistance, communication, and the promotion of strategic partnerships for the advancement of our nation's workforce. NAWB is the only association that advocates for Workforce Development Boards. NAWB works closely with policy makers in Washington, DC to inform national strategy as it relates to WIBs and our partners in education, economic development, labor and business.
For more information, go to: www.nawb.org.
SOURCE Cengage Learning