CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
What: Join us for an interactive webinar discussion on The New Face of Personalized Medicine: Targeting Disease Diagnostics and Treatments with Big Data Analytics with moderator Bio-IT World Editor-in-Chief Kevin Davies PhD, the author of The $1,000 Genome: The Revolution in DNA Sequencing and the New Era of Personalized Medicine, and an exciting panel of three distinguished scientists who are shaping the new face of personalized medicine.
- Eric Schadt PhD, Chief Scientific Officer Pacific Biosciences, recently appointed as Chairman and Professor of the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences and Director of the Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York,
- Felix Frueh PhD, President, Medco Research Institute.
- Colin Hill, CEO and co-founder of GNS Healthcare, a healthcare analytics company that applies next-generation machine learning and simulation technologies to understand what works in healthcare, and for whom.
The webinar will tackle questions like:
- What does the imminent arrival of the $1,000 genome mean for diagnostics? For personalized medicine? For drug discovery and development? For health plans and providers?
- Will big data analytics be the key enabler of a new era of discoveries that will empower all stakeholders – pharma/biotech, government, health plans, providers and the empowered patient?
- Can we accelerate our ability to directly use observational healthcare data (versus randomized controlled clinical trials) to transform how we think about 'evidence' and profoundly accelerate its creation, development, diffusion and use?
- And can we open the door to a rapid-learning healthcare system?
Who Should Attend: Executives at biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies, heads of innovation and data analytics/ bioinformatics for health plans and provider organizations, leaders in scientific R&D.
When: October 6th, 2011, 1-2 PM EDT
Where: Register here for this free event.
Event and Media Contact:
Scratch Marketing and Media
SOURCE GNS Healthcare, Inc.