NEW YORK, March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Guests at The New York Palace will taste the sweetness of the spring season with the Gold Chocolate Package, celebrating Easter and the 60th birthday of the iconic LINDT GOLD BUNNY. The month-long initiative begins March 24 to coincide with the start of spring, and features premium Lindt chocolate experiences, allowing guests to indulge during their stay. A themed hotel package, a custom-created Gold Chocolate Weekend Brunch featuring the LINDT GOLD BUNNY in restaurant Istana, and giant LINDT GOLD BUNNY figures greeting guests from the hotel courtyard all help to usher in the Easter season and spring weather.
The Palace's Gold Chocolate package is comprised of luxury accommodations and a myriad of ways to enjoy premium Lindt chocolate, including a $100 daily food and beverage credit, which can be used towards the Gold Chocolate Weekend Brunch, and an iconic LINDT GOLD BUNNY and special welcome amenity.
The Palace's Pastry Chefs have custom created a Gold Chocolate Weekend Brunch, featuring the LINDT GOLD BUNNY and premium chocolate dishes, including:
- Raspberry Lemon Pancakes, made with Lindt Classic Recipe White Chocolate Mousse and Almond Brittle Crumble
- "Banana Split" Belgium Waffle, with Chocolate Ice Cream, Caramelized Banana, and Lindt Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Orange Brioche French Toast, with indulgent Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Ganache, Citrus Segments
- Creme Patisserie Crepes with "Hot Chocolate Affogato", with Vanilla Bean Gelato, and Shaved Lindt EXCELLENCE A Touch of Sea Salt Chocolate
Two limited-edition chocolate desserts will also be offered at the special brunch. Over the past 60 years, LINDT GOLD BUNNY has been a cherished centerpiece of families' Easter celebrations. Today, LINDT GOLD BUNNY is the #1 selling chocolate bunny in the United States*, and fills Easter baskets in more than 60 countries. In honor of this special milestone birthday, two oversized LINDT GOLD BUNNY figures will greet visitors in the Palace courtyard, perfectly situated for photos.
In addition to celebrating 60 sweet years, LINDT GOLD BUNNY is the also the bunny that gives back. Since 2009, Lindt has partnered with Autism Speaks during the Easter season and has raised nearly $500,000 for the autism cause.
For more information on Lindt's partnership with Autism Speaks, visit LindtGoldBunny.com.
* Source: Nielsen ScanTrack Total U.S. Food/Drug/Rem Mass 12 W.E. 4.23.11 vs. 12 W.E. 4.3.10
SOURCE The New York Palace