BURLINGTON, Mass, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- New drug approvals have fundamentally changed the non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) market landscape. As Roche/Genentech's Gazyva/Gazyvaro, Johnson & Johnson/AbbVie's Imbruvica, and AbbVie/Roche's Venclexta/Venclyxto become more entrenched in the treatment algorithm through their current labels but also through expected future label expansions, drug developers aiming to enter this market must remain up-to-date on evolving treatment dynamics.
- Major-market sales of Roche/Genentech/Chugai's CD20 franchise (Rituxan/MabThera and Gazyva/Gazyvaro) will decrease across the ten-year forecast period.
- Celgene's Revlimid has significant commercial potential within the NHL market space, and is expected to gain multiple label expansions across NHL subpopulations.
- Seven novel agents, spanning three drug classes, are expected to launch by 2025, also fueling the robust growth of the NHL therapy market.
Insights from Decision Resources Group Analysts:
- "Rituxan/MabThera currently dominates the NHL market, across all subpopulations. However, increasing competition from other premium-priced agents (e.g., Imbruvica, Venclexta/Venclyxto, Gazyva/Gazyvaro), as well as the entry of biosimilar rituximab, will topple rituximab from its current dominant position in the NHL market." – Dana Gheorghe, Ph.D., Senior Business Insights Analyst
- "Just over three years after its initial approval, Imbruvica has already changed the way CLL is being managed. The drug is also set to gain multiple label expansions across multiple NHL subpopulations, which will not only solidify its status within the treatment algorithm, but also significantly boost the overall NHL market value by 2025." – Dana Gheorghe, Ph.D., Senior Business Insights Analyst
- "FDA-approved in early 2016, Venclexta/Venclyxto, an agent with a novel mechanism of action, continues to generate physician enthusiasm. Its future uptake is estimated to significantly increase due to anticipated label expansions, and the drug will experience a spectacular growth in sales by 2025." – Dana Gheorghe, Ph.D., Senior Business Insights Analyst
About Decision Resources Group
DRG, a subsidiary of Piramal Enterprises Ltd., offers best-in-class, high-value data, analytics and insights products and services to the healthcare industry, delivered by more than 1000 employees across 17 offices in North America, Europe and Asia. DRG provides the Life Sciences, Provider, Payer and Financial Services industries the data, tools, insights and advice they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly complex and value-based marketplace. decisionresourcesgroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-non-hodgkins-lymphoma-drug-market-will-experience-significant-growth-reaching-over-19-billion-by-2025-300355741.html
SOURCE Decision Resources Group