KENNESAW, Ga., Feb. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Original Whiffer Sniffers™ by Bearington Collection has announced the much anticipated addition of five new scented backpack clips with the launch of Series 2 – Part 1 at the Toy Fair this week in New York (Booth #447).
The new designs will start shipping to retailers later this month, including a Limited Edition Holiday Easter piece, 'Cocoa Yolko' that will be produced for Easter 2016, then retired. With the exception of the Limited Edition Egg, the new designs will be available as backpack clips, larger 'Super Sniffer' huggable versions and as scratch n' sniff stickers. The five new designs are:
- 'Ben Sizzlin' – Ben is a super sizzlin' piece of bacon and has a scrumptious smoked maple bacon scent. Who doesn't get excited about bacon?
- 'Sugar Cake' – Sugar is a sweet strawberry cupcake with white fluffy frosting and pink sprinkles. Sugar Cake has a delicious Strawberry Cupcake fragrance.
- 'Billy Bluesberry' – This fan of the blues, Billy, is a blueberry and smells just like a juicy Blueberry.
- 'Jerry Pie' – Jerry is the Mystery Pack items for Series 2 – Part 1. Jerry is a Cherry Pie and has a yummy cherry pie aroma.
- 'Cocoa Yolko' – Cocoa is our Limited Edition Holiday piece for Easter. Cocoa Yolko is a Chocolate Easter Egg and has a milk chocolate scent.
"Whiffer Sniffer fans have been eagerly anticipating new characters, and I'm happy to say that Series 2 – Part 1 is just the start for Whiffer Sniffers additions for 2016," said Jon Bailey, Vice President of Whiffer Sniffers. "Our plan is to introduce new characters to our retailers and our collectors every quarter. We have another release scheduled for April and two more releases after that for 2016."
Series 1 of Whiffer Sniffers launched in April of 2015 with the introduction of 12 scented characters. Since the launch, the line has been a social 'scentsation' with over four million views on YouTube, more than 10,000 followers on Instagram and multiple awards including the 2016 Tillywig Sterling Fun Award and TTPM's Most Wanted Holiday Collectible for 2015.
About Whiffer Sniffers
The Orginal Whiffer Sniffers is a collectible line of scented plush characters that are available as either backpack clips, larger huggable plush versions, and scratch n' sniff stickers. 12 unique, fun characters, like 'Kumana Wanna Smell Ya', the surfing pineapple or 'I.B. Poppin', the movie loving buttered popcorn, were launched as Series one in 2015. Five styles are part of Series Two – Part 1 to launch in late February of 2016. Series 2 – Part 2 will launch in April. For more information, or to find a retailer, visit, www.whiffersniffers.com.
About Bearington Collection
Bearington Collection has been manufacturing award-winning collectible plush bears and animals since 1997. Bearington's baby division, Bearington Baby is one of the top three baby plush & accessories lines in the United States. Bearington's newest division, The Original Whiffer Sniffers is the company's first entry into the toy segment. www.bearingtoncollection.com.
Jon Bailey, Vice President
SOURCE Whiffer Sniffers