LONDON, August 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Over 60 unique companies have registered to date from 34 countries worldwide
The PharmaAfrica Market Access Conference (http://www.marketaccess.pharmaafrica.com) arrives at the Grange Holborn Hotel in London in just four weeks' time, from 24 - 25 September.
Africa is a region undergoing major transformation with rapid economic growth and shifting epidemiological trends. With African markets increasingly the focus of pharmaceutical companies beyond the traditional developed and emerging markets;and investors clearly looking closer at the opportunities on the continent, it's exciting that already over 60 unique companies have registered to date from 34 countries worldwide, spanning the value chain of Africa's pharma sector - 15 of those are African countries.
The conference has high level delegates confirmed from Ministries of Health, Trade and regulatory authorities from Mozambique, Ethiopia, Kenya and Ghana.
The conference features workshops, roundtable discussions and plenary sessions offering insight into how and where to access the African public and private markets, including practical solutions on responding to market and patient access challenges.
The agenda includes the following amongst other topics:
- Day one kicks off with one of two scheduled workshops: the East African Community region; providing attendees with opportunity to drill down on specific topics, for a sub-region specific briefing.
- Roundtable discussions on public private healthcare partnerships and lessons learned; and understanding the pharmaceutical industry supply chain model in Africa with a diverse group of industry execs and leaders from Imperial Health Sciences, Phillips Healthcare Services, USAID, Ministries of Health amongst others
- Plenary sessions with Ministries of Health and industry execs from GE Healthcare, Gilead Sciences on strategies to increase investment in healthcare and sustainable access to medicines
- Case study presentations and keynote interviews on how market leaders design and implement market affordability based approaches for African markets with industry execs from Merck and GSK.
- How new partnerships stemming from PDPs are improving market insights about the evolving shape and size of the pharma market in Africa
PharmaAfrica's Miles Mudzviti commented; "We are delighted with the progress made in the launch of this new platform in our event series to enable stakeholders to convene and share views on the challenges and opportunities in enhancing access to more affordable, quality medicines for patients in Africa, as well as capture the significant potential of the African pharmaceutical market. The response from the industry and stakeholders has been very positive and it will be exciting to discuss how we can continue to innovate on strategies for ensuring enhanced access to drugs."
Whether your company is already operating in Africa or looking to access new opportunities in this fast growing region of the world, PharmaAfrica Market Access Conference is a very strong platform to engage key stakeholders, future partners and understand the opportunities across Africa.
To find out how to register for the conference:
Conference dates: 24 - 25 September 2015
Venue: Grange Holborn Hotel, London, United Kingdom
Scott Colman, Marketing Director