DODGEVILLE, Wis., Sept. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Lands' End is raising awareness and funding for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation through the annual Pink Thread Project. From now through October 31, Lands' End offers three ways to donate to life-saving research. The campaign, in its fifth year, was created to further support the organization's mission to end breast cancer by advancing the world's most promising research.
"We are proud to partner with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The Pink Thread Project ties together our five years of giving and once again demonstrates that a little pink truly does a lot of good," said Gill Hong, EVP, Chief Merchandising Officer and Head of International, Lands' End. "Our customers truly enjoy engaging in our donation efforts, whether through social media, adding a pink monogram, or shopping our Pink Thread collection. Together, we look forward to making a difference."
The Pink Thread Project is a simple, beautiful way to raise funds for breast cancer research. Shoppers choose how they want to give. Over the past four years, Lands' End has donated more than $282,000 to fund 5,600 hours of BCRF research to help bring an end to breast cancer.
- Pink Thread Monogram – By adding any monogram or embroidered icon using pink thread to Lands' End apparel, accessories or home merchandise ranging from totes and towels to cardigans and shirts. Now through October 31, Lands' End is donating 75 percent of the $8 monogramming fee for every Pink Thread monogram to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Pink Thread Collection – Lands' End has curated a select group of specially designed accessories and will donate 25 percent of the retail purchase price. Add a pink thread monogram to make it an extra special donation to BCRF.
- Share it on Social – Lands' End will share valuable information from BCRF on social channels and encourage followers to further share their inspirational Pink Thread Project stories. The company will donate $1 to BCRF each time followers share #PinkThreadProject & #MyLandsEnd stories and photos. Follow @LandsEnd on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information.
Additional Ways to Make a Difference
- In Stores – Look for pink! Lands' End is donating 10 percent of the net retail purchase price from the sale of specially selected pink apparel items to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in the Lands' End Shops at Sears and Lands' End stand-alone stores.
- Lands' End Business Outfitters – Uniforms can join in too! Lands' End Business Outfitters is donating 100 percent of the fee for every Pink Thread embroidery application that is placed through the Business Outfitters division to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
"BCRF investigators around the world are working every day to eradicate breast cancer," said Myra J. Biblowit, BCRF president & CEO. "By supporting BCRF, Lands' End is making a real impact—improving outcomes and saving lives."
ABOUT LANDS' END, INC.
Lands' End, Inc. (NASDAQ: LE) is a leading multi-channel retailer of clothing, accessories, footwear and home products. We offer products through catalogs, online at www.landsend.com and affiliated specialty and international websites, and through retail locations. We are a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service and real value, and seek to deliver timeless style for men, women, kids and the home.
ABOUT BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is dedicated to being the end of breast cancer by advancing the world's most promising research. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF-funded investigators have been deeply involved in every major breakthrough in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. This year, BCRF will award $63 million to support the work of more 300 scientists at leading medical and academic institutions across 14 countries, making BCRF the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. BCRF is the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. Visit www.bcrf.org to learn more.
SOURCE Lands' End, Inc.