NEW YORK, Dec. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Communications service providers (CSPs) must start planning now for phased cloud-RAN migration, or risk limiting 5G-related opportunities."
Cloud-RAN is a radical new architecture that separates the radio/antenna from the network functions, and virtualises the latter in a central location. The resulting flexibility is a significant enabler of 5G, allowing the operator to allocate resources where needed and making a far wider range of services viable. This report analyses the urgent business need for cloud-RAN for many mobile network operators (MNOs) and the key steps that vendors can take to address the barriers that are deterring many MNOs from adopting the technology.
- establishes why a failure to plan for cloud-RAN will compromise the 5G business case for many MNOs
- identifies the MNO groups that most need cloud-RAN
- discusses the barriers to deployment
- outlines the solutions that radio and IT vendors can provide to lower these barriers and accelerate adoption
- identifies how open standards and creative solutions (championed by vendors) will enable profitable 4G and 5G models for MNOs and the wider service provider base.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04268627-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-planning-for-cloud-ran-now-to-ease-5g-later-how-vendors-can-lower-the-barriers-to-csp-adoption-300380189.html