LA JOLLA, Calif., April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The San Diego Investment Conference (SDIC) will hold its second quarter conference on May 6th and 7th at the Hyatt Regency, La Jolla Aventine, in San Diego, California.
SDIC (www.sandiegoinvestmentconference.com) Executive Director and founder, Patrick A. Howell, explains the capital market's conference theme as, "Green means, of course, clean technology and alternative energy but also, it signifies information technology, biotechnology, as in health, and America's economic renewal in Spring of 2011 with innovative companies. However, most of all, it symbolizes, Capitalism, capital formation and the almighty dollar in a global economy."
The keynote speaker will be Doug Smith, Founder and CEO of Village Green Global www.villagegreenglobal.com, recipient of OC Metro's Green Team Award. He will speak on the provisions of online monitoring and verification tools for demand side efficiency, GHG reduction and environmental behavioral change process. Doug Smith is a semi-finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2011 Award in Orange County. Mr. Smith's keynote will be timely as California is at the forefront of the national global green renaissance with having recently passed the highest clean energy mandate in the nation.
Already in 2011's first quarter, the DOW, NASDAQ and S&P 500 show significant gains of approximately 5% YTD, Stock Mutual Funds have had their best quarter since 2006 and natural resources funds have soared. SDIC is seeing increased funding activity in the capital markets mirroring overall optimism and turnaround in the American economy.
SDIC expects a full capacity crowd with an investor community of broker dealers, angel investors, private equity funds from around the nation including San Francisco, Miami, Portland Oregon, Dallas, New York City, Los Angeles, the Inland Empire California, Orange County and Las Vegas.
Platinum Level Sponsor and Presenter Best Choice Software (www.bestchoicesoftware.com) returns from March's Miami International Investment Conference (www.miamiinvestorclub.com) with a 'dog and pony' luncheon and investor seminar on May 6th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 p.m. A partial list of the other presenting companies include:
- Earth Wind and Solar whose mission is to develop its Solar Energy Producing Locations and innovative products into a profitable and ecologically friendly venture that will provide the Company and its shareholders with a steady stream of income from renewable energy production services, products, and a national network of electric vehicle recharging stations.
- Golden Phoenix Minerals (OTCBB: GPXM) (golden-phoenix.com) will be presenting on both May 6th and 7th at the Hyatt La Jolla Aventine. Golden Phoenix is focused on Royalty Mining in the Americas with gold, silver and strategic metals projects in the United States, Canada and Peru.
- American Motor Products (www.american-motor-products.com) is a clean technology sales and marketing driven company providing automotive fleets with a "total solution" to affordably achieve their environmental impact goals and mandates.
- Ovagene Oncology is a molecular level diagnostic research lab that with a tenured team of executives and physicians having worked together on from previous firm that won 7X earnings for investors. Ovagene recently opened a state of the art research lab in Orange County as well as secured a government grant for their research efforts.
- Cap Flow Funding (www.capflowfunding.com) has been providing innovative financing solutions across the nation for small cap companies staffed with a tenured Wall Street team and successfully presented their fund at Private Equity Forum in March at the Yale Club.
- TAEG's Plasma Arc Waste Management (www.trinityaeg.com) is returning from SDICs 21st Century Energy Conference in February as well as a recent trip to Ohio State by CEO Jim Quinlin who will disclose new developments.
- Colombia Crest (TSXV: CLB; Frankfurt: EAT) (www.colombiacrestgold.com) is focused on the exploration and acquisition of large-scale porphyry-gold properties in Colombia, South America.
SDIC wants to thank its annual sponsors, Seale and Beers and Trinity Alternative Energy Group (TAEG). Athena Capital Partners will host the VIP Cocktail Reception at Michael's Lounge at the Hyatt La Jolla Aventine on Friday evening. Athena Capital Partners is a professional partner with pre-IPO investments in growth industries.
"We are also excited about the participation of Green Diamond Investment Relations (www.gdgonline.net), Financial Strategies Group (www.fsgconsulting.biz) and veteran Wall Street Analyst Howard Stillman. SDIC's strategic partners will add significant value to the conference by providing third-person independent reports and prepping presenting company CEOs for their pitch," said Howell.
Howell concludes, "We also believe the utilization of PR Newswire offers a significant value add for our national investor community as the IR news service provides a one stop shop solution for total shareholder engagement and their online retail investor conferences are a significant complement to the traditional brick and mortar conference as SDIC and MIIC."
Door prizes are sponsored by Orbital Enterprises (OBLR. PK), Eaton Hill Winery, Best Choice Software and Charles D. Vollmer - best seller author of Jobenomics (www.jobenomics.com).
Brokers, Venture Capitalists and Accredited Investors Are Encouraged to Register to Attend the San Diego Investment Conference on Friday & Saturday, May 6th and 7th at their website www.sandiegoinvestmentconference.com.
SOURCE San Diego Investment Conference