CHICAGO, Jan. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Second City is proud to support the hundreds of thousands of federal workers currently furloughed as a result of the government shutdown by opening up its doors to those affected. Both the Second City Chicago and Second City Hollywood locations are offering government employees free classes and free tickets to select performances with valid government ID. The Chicago location is also offering dinner on the house at their full-service restaurant, 1959 Kitchen & Bar. (Limit 1 ticket and meal per ID, please.)
"Improv is an art form that was invented to teach disparate points of view to listen to each other, to respond, to adapt, and to learn from abject failure. While there is no one who could benefit more from the improv experience than our current administration, we instead humbly offer the federal workers affected by the shutdown a chance to come join us. It's a tremendous honor to welcome those who may need a reminder America is still brimming with people looking to take care of each other," said The Second City's CEO and Executive Producer, Andrew Alexander.
The Second City Chicago is offering the following with valid government ID:
- A free General Admission ticket to currently playing shows: Algorithm Nation or The Static Quo, The Best of The Second City, Gaslight District, She the People, and After Hours.
- A free improv class, Improv Test Drive, which runs Fridays at 5:30 p.m. and Sundays at 7:00 p.m.
- 1959 Kitchen & Bar is offering a free meal (up to a $15 value) and a non-alcoholic beverage.
- Call 312-337-3992 to reserve.
- More info here.
The Second City Hollywood is offering the following valid government ID:
- A free ticket to their premium, alumni and house ensemble shows.
- A free workshop, Taste of The Second City, on Wednesday, January 23rd from 7-9pm.
- Call 323-464-8542 to reserve.
- More info here.
SOURCE The Second City