NEW YORK, April 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, announced today its next live radio broadcast from "The Small Business Authority Studio" at 77WABC Radio in New York. National listeners can also tune in at www.wabcradio.com and click listen live. The program, The Small Business Authority Hour, will be hosted by Barry Sloane, CEO, President and Chairman of Newtek Business Services and will be broadcasted on Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. EDT following the popular Monica Crowley Show.
President and CEO Barry Sloane said, "Independent business owners are beginning to understand the value and necessity of a high quality, effective Internet presence. Many business owners invest hundreds, thousands, or millions of dollars in their businesses and don't use the Internet at all or use it ineffectively. It amazes me when a business inefficiently utilizes its resources and doesn't use the operating leverage and tools that the Internet provides, which could help a business grow its revenues by 25%, improve its receivables collection efforts, and simply increase its presence in communities and geographies that were unattainable before."
Our show will focus on:
- How an effective ecommerce initiative can grow sales by 25% without much investment or effort.
- How taking payments on the Internet can improve cash flow and collections.
- How to transact business safely on the Internet.
- How to do your business in the cloud and what does that mean?
The show will be hosted by Barry Sloane, President and CEO of Newtek Business Services, Inc. and co-hosted by Laura Smith from 77WABC. The Small Business Authority Hour is broadcast from the Small Business Authority Studios atop Madison Square Garden the first Saturday of every month at 4:00pm EDT following the Monica Crowley show. We will take live questions from independent business owners beginning at 4:15pm until the show ends at 5:00pm EDT.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Web Hosting: Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek™ brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek™ brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations, are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
Rubenstein Public Relations
Telephone: (212) 843-9335
Contact: Liz Petrova / [email protected]
SOURCE Newtek Business Services, Inc.