NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services (NASDAQ: NEWT), The Small Business Authority®, announced the release of the SB Authority Index of small business indicators for October 2013 reaching 122.46 points. Retail sales, the Russell Microcap Index, and the ADP employment report led the increase. The SB Authority Index is up .35% from September 2013. As a year-over-year comparison, the SB Authority Index is up 6.52%.
Barry Sloane, Chairman, President and CEO of The Small Business Authority® commented, "We believe consumer sentiment is starting to wane again, evidenced by the one of the smallest increases this year in the October Index, combined with the slightly disappointing results from Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. A continued decline in consumer sentiment would be extremely unfortunate for the small business economy and our clientele. Since consumption represents 66.75% of GDP, any weakness detected in the leading indicator of retail sales, as well as our own merchant processing statistics, should not be underestimated as a more rapid decline in the economy could pose a serious risk to the small business economy's well-being."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority®, provides the following products and services:
- Newtek Advantage™: Mobile real-time operating platform for business intelligence. The Newtek Advantage™ puts all critical business transactions in real-time. Access data on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC as it relates to eCommerce for credit/ debit transactions, website statistics, payroll, insurance and business loans.
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans through our lending subsidiary, Newtek Small Business Finance, Inc.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
The Small Business Authority® is a registered trade mark of Newtek Business Services, Inc., and neither are a part of or endorsed by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority®, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek® brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek® brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations, are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Contact: Simrita Singh
Telephone: (212) 356-9566 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jayne Cavuoto
Telephone: (212) 273-8179 / email@example.com
Contact: Brett Maas
Telephone: (646) 536-7331 / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Newtek Business Services, Inc.