STREETSBORO, Ohio, June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is just around the corner! It's time to turn off the TV and video games and soak up the fresh air and sunshine. Through its "Get Out and Play" campaign, The Step2® Company is encouraging childhood outdoor fun that energizes imaginations and active lifestyles.
Studies show that kids' overall health and academic potential are improved when they exercise and engage in creative play, and there are many other benefits that come from outdoor play.
"What mom doesn't want the best for her child," said Jerry McDermott, chief marketing officer, Step2® Holdings. "Through the 'Get Out and Play' campaign our goal is to contribute to the active lifestyle messaging that is so important for the improved health of our future society."
Step2® products are designed to help moms make backyard play fun and simple for years to come.
"Through our research, we know that moms today are seeking to invest in products that last for years," continued McDermott. "With the array of new outdoor fun products from Step2®, moms can feel confident their investment is encouraging imagination and active play in their children."
Some of the newest products that Step2® is highlighting as part of "Get Out and Play" are as follows:
- My Clubhouse™ Playhouse – This playhouse offers room for 4-6 children, a wall that swings out to form a fence, and a built-in picnic table. Because of the durable design, children will love to let their imagination run wild with their friends, family or just playing by themselves.
- Clubhouse Climber – Children will climb, slide and crawl for hours exploring this large playhouse. Featuring a skylight, steering wheel, windows and two slides, the sky is the limit for any child's imagination.
- Naturally Playful® Playhouse Climber & Swing Extension – This multi-purpose outdoor playhouse/swing set combination is great for multi-child play. A natural color palette, dual-level playhouse and two sturdy swings are just a few reasons why this is a favorite for both Step2® and moms.
- Naturally Playful® Adventure Lodge Play Center – Fill the summer hours with this giant play set designed for variety, stability and maintenance-free fun year after year. The two-story playhouse includes a rustic lodge theme that encourages imaginative play.
- Naturally Playful® Welcome Home Playhouse – This backyard favorite features realistic, contemporary styling in natural colors. Features such as working shutters, skylight, built-in kitchen and electronics, enhance this one-of-a-kind playhouse, destined to be a household favorite.
- Skyward Summit – Little adventurers can explore and discover from the peak of this summit with features such as four unique climbing surfaces, including a real rock climbing wall.
- Easy Steer Sportster – Aimed at getting children moving, the Sportster uses new 360-degree steering wheel range of motion and other added features such as a "beep beep" horn sound, making every child feel that they are driving a real car.
To commemorate the launch of the "Get Out and Play" campaign, Step2® is donating an array of play structures to the 'nPlay Foundation, the Professional Athlete's Foundation for the Prevention of Childhood Obesity. The donated items include the Naturally Playful® Sandbox, Skyward Summit, and the Naturally Playful® Playhouse Climber & Swing Extension, which will be given to schools in Mississippi to provide opportunities for children to stretch their legs and their imaginations.
For more information about any of these products, or to learn more about how to encourage children to "Get Out and Play," please visit www.step2.com.
About The Step2® Company:
The Step2® Company includes the brands Step2® and Infantino® which foster learning and development through creative play in children from birth to school-age years. Based in Streetsboro, Ohio, Step2® is the largest American manufacturer of preschool and toddler toys, and the world's largest rotational molder of children's and home products, including children's play kitchens, playhouses, outdoor toys and ride on toys, as well as home products such as mailboxes, gardening aids and trash cans. Learn more at www.Step2.com.
SOURCE The Step2(R) Company