Capella Hotel Group (CHG) has guided Capella Pedregal to being one of the top luxury resorts in Mexico and globally
Recipient of top industry awards, Capella Pedregal recognized for its contributions to the Cabo San Lucas tourism industry and economy
ATLANTA, Nov. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlanta based Capella Hotel Group (CHG) has advised that a New York Supreme Court Judge has ordered that Capella Hotels and Resorts be reinstated as the management company of Capella Pedregal, Cabo San Lucas, effective immediately.
Despite this ruling, CarVal Investors (CarVal), a co-owner of the Capella Pedregal, Cabo San Lucas has persisted in making baseless allegations against CHG with the intention of damaging the company's reputation and its standing in the hospitality industry.
"We are very disappointed with CarVal's actions, especially after the ruling handed down by The Supreme Court of the State of New York," said Horst Schulze, Chairman and CEO, Capella Hotel Group. "We refute all their claims as inflammatory and intentionally misleading. Capella has acted with the utmost integrity in this matter and with the best interests of its employees and guests in mind. Our top priority has always been to create a world-class resort and we believe that when all the facts are known, it will be evident that we have fulfilled every aspect of the management agreement with property ownership."
"We are also extremely disappointed that CarVal has to date refused to return possession of the property to Capella as ordered by the Court. We intend to fully enforce our contractual rights as per the order of the Supreme Court of New York."
Taking exception to a particularly egregious and false claim that CHG has held donations raised to help Capella staff affected by Hurricane Odile, Schulze further added: "Immediately following the storm, an Employee Relief Fund was set-up on GiveForward.com. In order to distribute these funds outside the US, the hotel was required to register with the Mexican government for that purpose, ensuring that the funds would not be distributed to a company or a single individual. That registration was finally received and the funds were to be transferred this week. CarVal's illegal takeover of Capella Pedregal has hindered the disbursement of these funds as originally intended."
Since conceptualizing and opening Capella Pedregal in 2009, the Capella Hotel Group has guided the property to the highest levels of success. Capella Pedregal ranks as one of the best in Mexico and continues to set the standard in guest satisfaction, occupancy and rate. These factors have led Capella Pedregal to be one of the most awarded hotels in Mexico, including receiving the prestigious AAA Five-Diamond Award, the highest level of rating for lodgings and restaurants administered by AAA and regarded as one of the hospitality industry's top honors. Capella Pedregal has held the AAA Five-Diamond Award for three consecutive years and received notification of retaining this award recently in 2014 due to the hotel's continued outstanding performance levels.
In 2014, Capella Pedregal furthered its reputation as an undisputed premier ultra-luxury hotel when Travel + Leisure's readers named the property the #1 hotel in Mexico in Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards 2014 survey. The resort was also ranked #15 in the world on the Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards 2014 list of Top Hotels Overall.
Conde Nast Traveler's 2014 Gold List which is based on the publication's Reader's Choice survey also saw Capella Pedregal named to this coveted list for the second year in a row and listed as one of the "World's Best Beach Hotels."
The hotel is also regularly awarded accolades by major travel rating sites, such as TripAdvisor's Traveler's Choice Awards which is determined on the reviews and opinions of millions of TripAdvisor travelers around the globe. In October 2014, the property's Auriga spa was named as one of the top 25 spas in Mexico by wellness publication, Spa Professional Mexico.
Following are some of Capella Pedregal's most recent awards and accolades:
- 2014: Spa Professional Mexico – Named one of the "Best 25 Spas of Mexico"
- 2014: TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards – Ranked the # 1 hotel in Cabo and #2 in Mexico
- 2014: TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards, "Top Luxury Hotels in Mexico" – Ranked #1 in Cabo and #2 in Mexico
- 2014: TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards, "Top Hotels for Romance" – Ranked #1 in Mexico
- 2014: AAA Five-Diamond Award (Capella Pedregal retains this prestigious recognition)
- 2014: U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hotels in Mexico 2014" – Ranked #6 in Mexico
- 2014: Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List – Also named to the "World's Best Beach Hotels" list
- 2013: Travel + Leisure's "World's Best Awards" – Ranked #1 in Cabo San Lucas and #41 in the World
- 2013: U.S. News & World Report's "Gold Award Winner" in the Best Hotels in Mexico category
- 2013 TripAdvisor's "10 Hotels with Incredible Views" – Ranked #2 in the World
- 2013: TripAdvisor's "World's Greatest Hotel Spas" – Ranked #8 in the World
- 2013: AAA Five Diamond Award - To be eligible for this rating, hotels must exhibit the ultimate in luxury and sophistication. Physical attributes must be extraordinary in every manner, with fundamental hallmarks including meticulous service that exceeds guest expectations, impeccable standards of excellence and personalized services and amenities that provide an unmatched level of comfort. Capella Pedregal exemplifies these qualifications in every way with its dedication to bespoke guest service, tranquil amenities and unparalleled luxury. Less than one-third of one percent of the nearly 31,000 properties reviewed each year by AAA achieve this prominent distinction.
- 2013: Travel +Leisure's "500 World's Best Hotels"
- 2013: Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List
- 2013: Travel + Leisure's "World's Best Awards" where the hotel was ranked the #1 Hotel in Cabo and #2 Hotel in Mexico
- 2013: TripAdvisor – 10 Hotels with Incredible Views, ranked #2 in the world
- 2012: Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List
- 2012: Travel + Leisure's #1 Hotel Spa in Mexico - Auriga Spa at Capella Pedregal earns this coveted accolade
- 2012: Travel + Leisure – Capella Pedregal is named one of the "Top Resorts in Mexico"
- 2012: Conde Nast Traveler – Hotel's Auriga spa is ranked the #1 Top Spa in Mexico and Central America
- 2011: Conde Nast Traveler – Named one of the top five resorts in Mexico
- 2010: Conde Nast Traveler - Capella Pedregal was placed on their Hot List of Top New Hotels
"Under CHG's management, Capella Pedregal has proven to be a strong presence in the building of a positive tourism image for Cabo San Lucas and in making a valuable contribution to the local economy," said Schulze.
About Capella Hotels and Resorts
Capella Hotels and Resorts serves today's top-tier travelers and residential property owners and is setting a new standard in the hospitality industry. Capella promises the unique benefits of the finest, intimate hotels, including superb architecture and interior design, privacy, individualized service and attention to detail – combined with the amenities and activities of the world's great luxury hotels and resorts. Capella is a brand focused on customer choice and a high-level of personalized warm service that no other luxury hotel company in the world can match. Capella has opened world-class properties in gateway cities and high-profile resort destinations around the world, including: Breidenbacher Hof, a Capella Hotel (Dusseldorf, Germany); Capella Ixtapa (Ixtapa, Mexico); Capella Pedregal (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico); Capella Singapore (Sentosa Island, Singapore) and Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown.
SOURCE Capella Hotel Group