TARRYTOWN, N.Y., April 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Tassimo by Bosch is taking a road trip to four U.S. cities, inviting their citizens to upgrade their coffee experience. And, while doing so, through a partnership with Feeding America, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief organization, Tassimo will also help the lives of those struggling with hunger.
Tassimo is the single-cup home brewing system that delivers seven different varieties of coffeehouse-quality beverages – coffee, cappuccino and latte made with real milk creamer, espresso, crema, tea and hot chocolate – all at the touch of a button. To spread the word and to encourage coffee lovers to upgrade their coffee experience, on April 7, Tassimo kicks off a mobile tour, with stops in Atlanta, Washington D.C., Chicago and New York City. The road show culminates in New York City the first week of May with a weeklong destination for the city's true coffee lovers – The Tassimo Brewbot Cafe.
Bringing the brand to life, the Tassimo Brewbot Mobile Tour and Tassimo Brewbot Cafe will feature unique programming and events, including fun activities and games. Importantly, visitors also will have the opportunity to help Tassimo support Feeding America in its mission to provide hunger relief to those in need.
- The Tassimo Brewbot Mobile, a special vehicle featuring a giant Brewbot, will host events in popular locations throughout the four tour cities.
- A larger-than-life Tassimo Brewbot "robot" will come to life and pose for photos with guests.
- Each event day, the first 100 guests to arrive with an old coffee pot for trade-in will be upgraded to a new Tassimo brewer.
- Visitors will be invited to snap their photos with the Tassimo Brewbot and post them to Facebook.com/TassimoUS. For each user-generated photo posted, Tassimo will make a donation to Feeding America*, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief organization.
The Tassimo Brewbot Cafe
- Open daily, Tuesday, May 3, through Monday, May 9.
- Located at 237 Lafayette between Prince and Spring Streets, in the heart of New York City's famed SoHo neighborhood.
- Each day, the first 200 guests (yes, 200!) to arrive with an old coffee pot for trade-in will be upgraded to a new Tassimo brewer.
- At the cafe, too, visitors can take their pic with the Tassimo Brewbot and post them to Facebook.com/TassimoUS, triggering a Tassimo donation to Feeding America.*
- Of course, guests will be invited to sample a range of outstanding Tassimo-created coffeehouse-quality beverages.
"This is an exciting endeavor for the Tassimo brand. We're showcasing the benefits of our home brewing system while serving an important cause – Feeding America," said Corey Provine, Senior Brand Manager, Tassimo. "Visitors to the tour and our cafe will be able to witness the innovations that make Tassimo unique in the on-demand category. We think once they experience Tassimo, they'll want to upgrade their coffee experience. And, at the same time, we're hoping they'll support us in our goal of helping Feeding America provide meals to families in need."
"We're grateful to Tassimo for partnering with Feeding America in the fight against hunger, especially during a time of such incredible need," said Vicki Escarra, President and CEO of Feeding America.
*Total donation not to exceed $40,000.
TASSIMO freshly brews a wide variety of hot beverages, including coffees, lattes, cappuccinos, teas and hot chocolate. The TASSIMO system has two key components: the TASSIMO brewing machine and proprietary T DISCs. Through the TASSIMO smart technology, developed and designed by Kraft Foods, the Bosch machine's microprocessor reads the bar code printed on the T DISC label and automatically calculates the correct water amount, temperature and brewing time. All of the brewing happens inside the T DISC, which contains a precisely measured amount of coffee, tea, chocolate or real milk creamer and is sealed to protect the flavor inside. Most beverages are ready in about one minute. TASSIMO has an expanding selection of beverage brand options including Gevalia Kaffe, Twinings, Maxwell House and Milka. Visit www.brewbot.com
Kraft Foods (www.kraftfoodscompany.com) makes today delicious in 150 countries around the globe. Our 100,000 employees work tirelessly to make delicious foods consumers can feel good about. From American brand icons like Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings, Maxwell House coffees and Oscar Mayer meats, to global powerhouse brands like Oreo and LU biscuits, Philadelphia cream cheeses, Jacobs and Carte Noire coffees, Tang powdered beverages and Milka, Cote d'Or, Lacta and Toblerone chocolates, our brands deliver millions of smiles every day. Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) is the world's second largest food company with 2008 revenues of 42 billion. The company is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and the Ethibel Sustainability Index.
About Feeding America
Feeding America provides low-income individuals and families with the fuel to survive and even thrive. As the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity, our network members supply food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors. Serving the entire United States, more than 200 member food banks support 61,000 agencies that address hunger in all of its forms. For more information on how you can fight hunger in your community and across the country, visit http://www.feedingamerica.org. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/FeedingAmerica or follow our news on Twitter at twitter.com/FeedingAmerica.