NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Knot, the leading wedding brand and marketplace, today announced the winners of its The Knot Beauty Awards, showcasing the top wedding beauty products. Hand-selected specifically for brides and their attendants, this prestigious awards program honors the beauty products that will make them look picture-perfect throughout their wedding day, and all the events leading up to it, beautifully and affordably. The Knot editorial team reviewed hundreds of products to identify 50 cannot-live-without beauty goods that can withstand the rigor of a wedding day (tears, laughter, photography and lots of kisses!). The Knot also surveyed readers to determine Readers' Picks. The Knot Beauty Awards honor products across six categories: makeup, hair, body, nails, face and fragrance. This year's winners represent the best products from luxury, drugstore favorites and specialty brands. The complete list of winners for The Knot Beauty Awards 2016 can be viewed here and in the inaugural beauty issue of The Knot on newsstands today.
"As the number one wedding planning resource, we're constantly asked by brides for recommendations on the best beauty products, from hair products to keep beach wedding frizz at bay to the best waterproof mascara for ceremony tears," said Kellie Gould, editor in chief of The Knot. "We're thrilled to present expert, hand-selected beauty finds to keep women looking effortlessly beautiful for all their biggest moments, from the minute they say, 'I will' to the second they promise, 'I do.' "
The Knot Beauty Award Winners
Notable winners, below; for a complete list of winners, visit TheKnot.com or pick up the Fall 2016 issue of The Knot magazine, on newsstands today.
- L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara: A mascara that's a total steal and will stand up to happy tears on the wedding day, delivering tons of drama without the fear of raccoon eyes.
- Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Luminous liquid foundation: A liquid foundation that comes in a large range of shades with a dewy finish that looks amazing in high-definition photos and won't make you look shiny or washed out.
- Readers' Pick: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola matte bronzer: This natural-looking, sparkle-free powder gives your complexion a subtle glow.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner: Start your perfect hairstyle in the shower with this sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, which will leave your hair soft, smooth and full.
- Garnier Sleek & Shine antifrizz serum: Even the most humid honeymoon destination or outdoor summer wedding is no match for this frizz fighter. Work a few drops through hair to keep frizzies at bay for hours.
- Readers' Pick: TRESemme Fresh Start dry shampoo: Give your hair a lift without any residue. This dry shampoo perks up limp locks for hair that looks fresh all day and night.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 55: Protect yourself from harsh rays. This sunscreen is fast-absorbing and goes on without any ghostly white residue.
- Budget Pick: Secret Outlast Xtend antiperspirant gel: Whether you're sweating it out at the gym to get wedding fit or dancing the night away at the reception, this deodorant provides major odor control.
- OPI Infinite Shine Gel Effects 2 lacquer: For a manicure that won't chip and maintains a stunning glossy finish, pick up a bottle of this three-step process nail treatment.
- Budget Pick: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops: These drops dramatically cut drying time, perfect for busy brides and wedding guests who are on the go.
- Readers' Pick: Essie Nail Polish in Ballet Slippers: This pale pink hue is universally flattering and works in any season, making it a bridal staple.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel: Keep skin hydrated on your wedding day, and all year-round, with this airy gel that instantly quenches skin to keep your face feeling smooth and supple.
- Readers' Pick: Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting mask: When your skin needs some extra TLC (say, after the bachelorette party), call on this super-hydrating treatment to leave you fresh-faced in just a matter of minutes.
- AERIN Mediterranean Honeysuckle perfume: This lush, sexy blend of honeysuckle, bergamot and gardenia feels like a destination wedding in a bottle.
- Budget Pick: Vera Wang Embrace perfume: For a fragrance that's completely elegant and romantic, give this trio a try.
About The Knot
The Knot is the nation's leading wedding resource and marketplace that seamlessly engages, matches and connects couples with the right products, services and local wedding professionals they need to plan and pull off their wedding. The trusted brand reaches a majority of engaged couples in the US through the #1 wedding website TheKnot.com, its mobile apps, The Knot national and local wedding magazines, and The Knot book series. The Knot has inspired approximately 25 million couples to plan a wedding that's uniquely them. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), which helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments—from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Please visit The Knot online at TheKnot.com and follow on social media: Facebook.com/TheKnot and @TheKnot on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
This release may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or our future financial performance. These statements are only predictions and reflect our current beliefs and expectations. Actual events or results may differ materially from those contained in the projections or forward-looking statements. It is routine for internal projections and expectations to change, and therefore it should be clearly understood that the internal projections and beliefs upon which we base our expectations may change. Although these expectations may change, we will not necessarily inform you if they do or update this release. Please refer to documents we file from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of the risks and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained herein. Forward-looking statements in this release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
SOURCE XO Group Inc.