WASHINGTON, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On October 12, Huffington Post's Arianna Huffington, Craigslist founder Craig Newmark, Original Voice of the political blog Wonkette and Time Magazine Columnist Ana Marie Cox and NASA CTO of IT Chris Kemp among other high profile government, media and technology professionals will speak at Government IT media site FedScoop's FedTalks 2010 event. The all day conference will focus on how technology can support and improve our government's key goals and initiatives.
The event will be held at Sidney Harman Hall, 610 F St. NW and is set to begin at 9 a.m. FedTalks 2010 will bring together the most important thought leaders, from federal agencies to the White House and media to tech company giants.
"We are thrilled that GSA will be unveiling their new open government platform at FedTalks 2010. Over the course of the year, we've held five major VIP gatherings, each one concentrating on one of the five key pillars that Federal CIO Vivek Kundra has identified as IT priorities for the Obama Administration – innovation, cyber security, transparency, engaging citizens, and lowering the cost of government through technology," said Goldy Kamali, founder and CEO of FedScoop. "FedTalks 2010 will bring the best and brightest from the community back together to discuss real examples of how technology can change government."
FedScoop will also be hosting a reception at FedTalks 2010 that will begin at 5:30 pm to celebrate its 2nd Anniversary. Since launching in October of 2008, FedScoop, a woman owned, D.C. based company, has continued to grow substantially year after year and has plenty of reasons to celebrate. The reception will include music by Donald Syriani, "DJ to the White House," and performances by "Arlington Rap" comedian GoRemy, who both will be performing throughout the day.
FedTalks 2010 sponsors include Diamond Sponsors: Intel, HP and Microsoft; Platinum Sponsors: Symantec, Clearwire, and govWin; and Media Sponsors: Federal News Radio, 1105, Washington Life, and TECH Cocktail.
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Linda Cureton, CIO of NASA
- Sonny Bhagowalia, Deputy Associate Administrator for Innovative Technologies, Office of Citizen Services & Innovative Technologies, GSA
- Gwynne Kostin, Director, Center for New Media & Citizen Engagement, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, GSA
- Dr. Peter Levin, CTO & Sr. Advisor to the Secretary of Department of Veterans Affairs
- Chris Kemp, CTO of IT, NASA
- Congressman Jim Moran, 8th District of Virginia
- Steve Hutchens, US Leader, Global Government Industry, HP
- Fred Humphries, Vice President of Government Affairs, Microsoft
- GiGi Schumm, VP & General Manager of Public Sector, Symantec Corporation
- David Dejewski, DOD-Business Transformation Agency
- Rob Bole, VP, Digital Media Strategy, Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Nigel Ballard, Director of Federal Marketing, Intel
Federal executives may attend FedTalks 2010 at no charge; Industry attendees pay a registration
fee of $295. For more information and to register online, visit http://fedtalks.com.
FedScoop is a full-service government IT media, VIP event and strategic advertising company.
FedScoop.com is the Government IT community's most comprehensive, one-stop news source,
reaching notable influencers and voices in the community. FedScoop.com is the only independent
aggregator of the most trusted and popular websites that Government IT executives visit daily, to
stay abreast of trends, best practices, business opportunities and news.