SAN FRANCISCO, June 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Therachat, a smart journaling tool for therapists and their clients, today launched the next generation of its HIPAA-compliant platform designed to augment therapy sessions. The smart journaling application provides therapists with a customizable platform to assign homework to clients (like journaling and emotion tracking), direct messaging and text message analysis -- powered by artificial intelligence (AI).
Recent data from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) found that one in five adults in the U.S. (43.8 million people) suffer from mental illness each year. With a widespread need for accessible mental health services, technology offers new options for people looking to cope with mild to severe symptoms. To understand the process and best practices for managing mental health conditions, Therachat met with hundreds of therapists and their clients as well as with consumers who are coping with mental health disorders without a therapist. As such, Therachat created its smart journaling platform to be easily accessible on iOS and Android devices and to function independently or in conjunction with treatment plans.
Therachat's therapist dashboard offers real-time insights and analysis to inform in-person therapy sessions and keep clients engaged in-between visits.
Key features include:
- Analytics dashboard provides a view into progress per client, including text sentiment analysis from journaling.
- Direct messaging with clients in a HIPAA-compliant way increases touch points in-between sessions. Clients will receive and be notified of messages on mobile devices.
- Customizable activities that therapists can schedule for clients on mobile devices. For example, activities could entail reading an article, answering a question or prompt, filling out a survey or rating the therapy session.
- Easy to access, advanced insights on how clients are progressing towards therapy goals. The view offers symptom tracking of emotions.
Therachat's mobile app provides smart journaling and emotion tracking, which leverages AI technology, to help users develop coping mechanisms for anxiety.
Key features include:
- Customizable chatbot personality to incentivize engagement and match user personal preferences.
- Emotion, anxiety and distress tracking offer a view into personal progress and triggers.
- Live textual analysis enables users to reflect, refocus and reframe negative into positive thoughts.
"From mHealth to telehealth, the benefits healthcare providers and patients receive from digital innovation is indisputable and transformational. An area ripe for this disruption is the traditional mental health sector," said Victor Camlek, principal analyst, Transformational Health, Frost & Sullivan. "It's an opportune time for therapists to embrace and utilize technology like Therachat's to receive deep insights that will enhance efforts, increase touch points between client/patient interactions and measure progress against therapy goals."
"Our goal is to create a technology that enables anyone suffering from a mental health issue to take a proactive approach to emotional wellness, and to offer a non-intrusive way for therapists to integrate data into their practice," said Kouris Kalligas, CEO and co-founder of Therachat. "With its ability to detect patterns and measure progress, Therachat's new features open the door for a more efficient process. In doing so, we are making mental healthcare more accessible and taking a step forward in modernizing the industry."
- "I've continued to be impressed by the Therachat team because of their innovative approach to supporting the mental health industry. Therachat is always advancing and introducing new features to address the needs of therapists and their clients. I believe the product has the potential to revolutionize how mental health treatment is delivered," said Maggie Perry, Psy.D., advisor of Therachat and founder of Huddle.care.
- "Therachat is a really thorough way of collecting information about people's experience throughout the week," said Ismael E. Gerena Jr., MA, Th.D, LMHC, Ch.T.
- "Therachat is really revolutionary for our therapy sessions. I love being able to visualize the emotions and moods of my clients over time and see how they are progressing," said Nicole Green, MA, LPCC, NCC.
Therachat is a HIPAA-compliant smart journaling tool that keeps clients engaged in-between therapy sessions. Therachat's mobile app for therapy clients and users without a therapist is powered by AI technology that helps to cope with anxiety. Its web-based dashboard provides therapists with real-time insights to improve therapy outcomes. Headquartered in San Francisco, Therachat is available nationwide through its web and mobile applications. For additional information, visit https://therachat.io.
Account Director, MWWPR