LOS ANGELES, Jan. 31, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- On Saturday night, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA), hosted its 31st annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry's most prestigious photographic competition. North America's top hair, nail, and makeup artists spent months planning, creating, and shooting their submissions and now the winners – and the photos you just can't stop staring at – have been crowned.
NAHA, which is produced by the Professional Beauty Association, was held Saturday, January 25th in Los Angeles at the International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE). Sixteen categories of excellence were awarded, including Hairstylist of the Year, Makeup Artist of the Year, and Nail Professional of the Year, as well as Avant Garde, Best Salon, Texture, and NAHAMoment, a new award that celebrates the best work of licensed beauty professionals, submitted through Instagram.
Over 2000 beauty industry pros attended NAHA, while special guest Amanda Salas, entertainment reporter for Fox News, who was diagnosed in the fall with non-Hodgins Lymphoma, shared her personal hair "buzz party" story, connecting the loss of her hair to a newfound strength and power that explored the personal connection that one's hair and their stylist brings, and culminating in with standing ovation.
Winners of the 2020 NAHA Awards include:
- Avant Garde | Rodrigo Araneda | Montreal, QC
- Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year | Lucie Doughty | Los Angeles, CA
- Haircolor | Chrystofer Benson | Ogden, UT
- Haircutting | Yuki Yasui | New York, NY
- Hairstylist of the Year | Silas Tsang | Ottawa, ON
- Makeup Artist of the Year | Katie Nash | Wichita, KS
- Master Hairstylist of the Year | Julie Vriesinga | London, ON
- Men's Hairstylist of the Year | Ammon Carver | Chicago, IL
- Nail Professional of the Year | Cassandra Clark | Aubrey, TX
- NAHAMoment | Erica Reynolds Keelen | Jacksonville, FL
- Newcomer Stylist of the Year | Cassie Carey | Brooklyn, NY
- Salon/School Design of the Year | TONI&GUY Galleria | Addison, TX
- Student Hairstylist of the Year | Dorothy Greene | Columbus, OH
- Styling and Finishing | Michelle O'Connor | Hollywood, FL
- Team of the Year | Salon by Instyle Design Team | Plano, TX
- Texture | Norm Wright | Toronto, ON
2020 Winning NAHA Collection images can be downloaded here:
To view the awards ceremony including interviews from the pre-show red carpet, please visit www.probeauty.org/naha to stream on-demand.
Photo Usage: All NAHA images/photos are copyright of the NAHA and PBA. All rights reserved. Images of NAHA finalist entries are available for download, for editorial use only. No commercial use allowed. 2020 Winner images can be downloaded HERE. When using NAHA images, please include the NAHA logo (or name) with the credit "NAHA 2020 Winner (or Finalist)" followed by the stylist's name and category. NAHA images must include "Courtesy of PBA" and photographer credit if possible. PBA and NAHA reserve the right to take legal action against unauthorized uses.
About the Professional Beauty Association
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is the largest and most inclusive trade organization representing the entire beauty industry. PBA exists to elevate, unite and serve the beauty industry and the professionals who improve people's lives and is the only national organization to represent the entire beauty industry. Our members include manufacturers, distributors, salons, spas, schools, independent practitioners, students and industry suppliers. PBA is dedicated to advocating and fighting for the rights of the beauty industry, enhancing professionalism, and committed to the long-term success of the stylist and the businesses that employ and support them. For more information on membership levels and dues please visit: www.probeauty.org/join.
Contact: Amy Denoon
Beach House PR
SOURCE Professional Beauty Association