LONDON, April 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Disc printing is the process of printing text, data or images on the surface of the optical disc. Two different approaches for printing CD-R on-demand are - Thermal disc printing and Inkjet disc printing. Thermal disc printing produces color custom labels that are waterproof, scratchproof and do not require any additional coating. Inkjet disc printers may employ a single cartridge for different colors or several cartridges, with one for each color depending upon different models, and are priced accordingly. The total thermal and inkjet disc printers market of U.S., Europe & Japan was valued at US$ 929.6 Mn in 2015. In terms of value, the disc printers market in the U.S., Europe and Japan is expected to witness a declining CAGR of ?3.0%, between 2016 and 2026.
For a deeper analysis on this report, visit: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4394429/
Thermal disc printers offers several advantages such as higher throughput of the thermal ribbons, more durable print surface, and are comparatively faster than other disc printing solutions. Easy availability of printable media discs at low prices is a driver for the growth of the U.S., Japan and Europe disc printer market.
High cost of raw material of recordable optical disc and low profit margins due to wide availability of substitutes are acting as major challenges for players in the recordable optical disc market. As a result, most players are shutting operations or divesting in other sectors, which is adversely affecting growth of the market. Increasing adoption of digital downloads over physical storage devices by end users is hampering the growth of the thermal and inkjet disc printers market.
Here are the Printer Types:
· Thermal disc printers
· Direct thermal printing
· Thermal retransfer & dye-sublimation printing
· Ribbon type (monochrome black, colour and photo)
· Inkjet disc printers
· Continuous ink technology
· Drop on demand technology
· Head design (Fixed head and Replaceable head)
· United States
· Western Europe
· Eastern Europe
· The thermal disc printer sub-segment was valued US$ 418.3 Mn in 2015 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of -2.5% during the forecast period.
· The inkjet disc printer sub-segment was valued at US$ 511.3 Mn in 2015 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of -3.4% during the forecast period. T
· he U.S., Europe and Japan thermal disc printers market was valued at US$ 418.3 Mn in 2015 and is anticipated to reach a market value of US$ 320.2 Mn by 2026 end. Revenue from the market is projected to decrease by 20% between 2015 and 2026.
The U.S., Europe and Japan inkjet disc printer market was valued at US$ 511.3 Mn in 2015 and is expected to reach US$ 353.0 Mn by 2026.