BETHLEHEM, Pa., March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- 12 PEEPS® Milk or Dark Chocolate Dipped Chicks
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 2 cookie sheets
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Wire rack
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut, sugar, egg whites, salt, vanilla and almond extract until well combined.
- Refrigerate one half hour.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons (approx 1 inch apart) so they are about 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool 1 – 3 minutes on cookie trays. Remove with a spatula and transfer to wire rack.
- Top each with a PEEPS® Milk or Dark Chocolate Dipped Chick and let cool completely.
Makes: 12 Sweet PEEPS® Macaroons
Please visit our NEW PEEPS® website for more exciting recipe and craft ideas or to experience fun and exciting PEEPS® interaction at www.marshmallowpeeps.com.
SOURCE Just Born, Inc.