WILMINGTON, Del., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cybele Software, Inc. announces the release of ThinRDP for Microsoft® Remote Desktop Services, the premier software tool for high-performance, remote access to Windows applications. ThinRDP dramatically expands the possibilities of remote, virtual computing by converting any modern Web browser into a powerful Desktop Client capable of securely accessing Windows applications remotely. With ThinRDP, users can access all of their programs, documents, files, and network resources through their preferred device -- PC, iPhone, iPad, Android tablet, Chromebook, or any other device that supports HTML5.
ThinRDP enables secure access to any PC on the corporate LAN through a single, public IP address. This includes access to applications and desktops running Microsoft RDS/ Terminal Services and RDS/VDI platforms, such as session-based applications and virtual desktops.
ThinRDP facilitates the complete spectrum of cross-browser, cross-platform access. With ThinRDP, users of Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS can connect remotely into their Windows desktops through their favorite browser. ThinRDP supports Internet Explorer 9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and all other HTML5-capable Web browsers. Earlier versions of Internet Explorer may be enhanced with HTML5 features by the addition of the Google ChromeFrame plug-in.
The ThinRDP architecture is comprised of the ThinRDP Windows Server and the ThinRDP Web Client. The ThinRDP Windows Server is a secure, high-performance HTTP/WebSockets server which serves the Web pages needed to run the ThinRDP Web Client. The ThinRDP Windows Server also acts as a gateway between the ThinRDP Web Client and the remote RDP server.
When an end user accesses the ThinRDP main page and enters the appropriate connection parameters, the ThinRDP Web Client connects to the ThinRDP Windows Server using Ajax or WebSockets. After the connection is established, ThinRDP Windows Server interprets RDP commands, optimizes them for the Web, and sends the resulting data stream to the ThinRDP Web Client.
- Enables access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services
- Allows users to remotely connect to RDS/VDI platforms (i.e. virtual desktops or applications)
- Allows companies to publish their Windows applications to the Web
- Works with any HTML5-compliant Web browser
- Supports PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Chromebook, and Android devices
- Driven by a high-performance, firewall-friendly, HTTP/WebSockets server
- Provides secure access through just one public IP address and port
- Compatible with all 32-bit/64-bit versions editions of Windows XP and newer
- Compatible with XRDP Server
ThinRDP Web Client
- HTML5 Web browser-compliant
ThinRDP Windows Server
- Windows XP 32-bit/Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit/Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit/Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit/Windows Server 2008 64-bit
Free 30-Day Trial Available
You can explore the possibilities of ThinRDP for yourself by downloading a free, fully featured 30-day trial version. Go to http://www.thinrdp.com/thinrdp/html5-rdp.html for full details.
SOURCE Cybele Software, Inc.