BOSTON, Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackFacts.com, the Internet's longest-running data-driven website on the historical and cultural contributions of people of color, is continually seeking new and exciting ways to engage and inspire our community.
With that goal in mind, beginning this Black History Month, BlackFacts is offering weekly cash prizes (of up to $200) and showcase opportunities to students that create the most entertaining and informative Black History Month video.
The rules are simple:
- Create a 30-second-or-less video about a black history fact (person, place, event)
- Follow @blackfactsonline on Instagram
- Post the video on Instagram with the hashtag and username: #BFContest2019 @blackfactsonline
- Students should include their school hashtag if available (e.g., #MLKHighSchoolNY)
That's all there is to it.
Visit BlackFacts.com to see the showcase videos and to discover new and interesting ways to explore and appreciate black history and culture.
Become a member (it's free) and help us to preserve our culture by contributing to our living historical archives: www.blackfact.com/join.
This Black History Month, BlackFacts.com is inviting our community to help educate and inform our youth and students by giving them a gift that keeps giving back throughout the year.
Instead of their daily intake of gossip, silly videos and games, keep children, friends and favorite students informed and inspired:
- Learn about significant moments and people in black history
- Get informed about minority business and professional achievements and inventions
- Be inspired by unique cultural products and services
- Receive inspirational quotes and speeches
- Access to historical videos, quizzes and games
Give a gift membership to children or students: www.blackfacts.com/gift.
Membership benefits include:
- Subscription to our newsletter
- Ability to submit new facts to our editors for review and approval - all approved FACTS will be credited to the submitter
- A "My BlackFacts" page showing the member's favorite posts, news, facts and related content
- Birthday Blast newsletter - highlighting all black facts that share the member's birthday
- Creation of member's personal bio - showcase achievements, products and services
- Recommended profiles - people, schools and organizations for inclusion in the BlackFacts archives
- And more features and benefits being added all the time.
Note: Any new content submitted to BlackFacts.com will be reviewed before approved, indexed and cross-referenced with all related content.
Blackfacts.com was founded by Ken Granderson (MIT, Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity) and Dale Dowdie (Boston University, Phi Beta Sigma fraternity) in 1997 as a way to showcase that people of color could take advantage of the technology revolution and build something that they own and control. It was developed with the tenets of Inform, Engage & Inspire – these are our goals for the visitors, contributors, sponsors and historians that enjoy the information provided on the site. BlackFacts.com is a service of Intellitech Consulting Enterprises Inc. (www.intellitech.net)
Follow Blackfacts.com on social media:
- Facebook.com/blackfacts (@blackfacts)
- Twitter.com/blackfacts (@blackfacts)
- Instagram.com/blackfactsonline (@blackfactsonline)
BlackFacts Instagram Video Contest
The rules for the Instagram Video Contest are easy. Create a video. Post on Instagram with hashtag: #BFContest2019 @blackfactsonline. Chance to win $200 weekly.
Black History children
Image of children absorbing black history from BlackFacts.com