NEW YORK, Jan. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters has made Version 8.9 of its award-winning online Checkpoint® platform available to tax professionals. "We continually update Checkpoint to keep it filled with the latest and most thorough analysis of tax, accounting and corporate finance materials. Checkpoint's new natural language search feature will help users conduct searches on Checkpoint in a way that will bring them to their answers more quickly than ever before," said Steve Mendelsohn, Senior VP and General Manager, Online Media.
The natural language search enhancement offers users the option to conduct searches in plain English, in a format using questions, phrases, or a series of words. Natural language searches will produce 100 of the best matches to the search criteria.
Checkpoint 8.9 also offers new content in the international, corporate finance, and accounting and auditing areas. "Because of globalization, accountants and attorneys are practicing in the international market more than ever before. Those who are not considered international taxation specialists are still faced with clients with international issues," said Mendelsohn. "Thomson Reuters is addressing this by providing professionals with thorough materials that enable them to meet their client's growing need to work in the international arena, and simultaneously grow their businesses."
New international products include:
- IBFD Global Tax Libraries on Checkpoint, which include IBFD Global Tax Explorer, IBFD Global Tax Explorer Plus, and IBFD Global Taxation & Investment. All of these products cover all regions and provide survey-level information, as well as primary source and current awareness materials,
- IBFD World Tax Journal, a journal for academic research that includes articles from world-class tax academics in law, economics, policymakers and professionals, covering European taxation from a legal and an economic perspective, and
- U.S. International Taxation for Individuals and Small Businesses Library on Checkpoint. This is an ideal resource for non-international tax practitioners who are increasing billable hours by providing international services as the need increases.
New corporate finance and accounting and auditing products on Checkpoint 8.9 include:
- IASB Standards for Small and Medium Enterprises.
- PPC's Single Audit Compliance Program Creator (a.k.a. SCAI), which can turn hundreds of pages of the Compliance Supplement into an easy-to-use audit program, tailored to the user's own federal award program and entity. The user answers quick questions on his or her client and federal award program to receive a customized audit program.
- SEC Standards Tracker. Using Checkpoint's Create-a-Chart function, users will now instantly:
- Check for recent standard setting or regulatory activity and how it impacts upcoming SEC filings,
- Sort and filter results to conduct faster, more accurate research, and
- Link directly from the chart to relevant pronouncements and standards, or to WG&L editorial analysis of those standards. Checkpoint users can create charts that list not only the issuing body, document and summary, status, and issue and effective dates, but also list SEC items and forms that are affected.
For more information on Checkpoint, visit http://ria.thomsonreuters.com.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, healthcare and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Dallas, Dexter (Michigan), London, Sydney, and Toronto, and offices in nine countries. For more information, go to http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/taxacct/.
SOURCE The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters