SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- ThoughtWorks (www.thoughtworks.com), a global IT consultancy focused on enterprise Agile software development, today outlined a host of thought leadership activities for the Agile 2010 conference that will provide attendees an opportunity to learn from and interact with a range of the company's Agile development experts.
At Agile 2010 in Orlando starting Mon., Aug. 9, industry experts from ThoughtWorks (professional services) and ThoughtWorks Studios (Agile ALM solutions) will share insights and expertise on the latest practices around Agile methods of software development. In addition to six speaking sessions, the company will host the ThoughtWorks Agile Connections Lounge (Dolphin Hotel, Suite #10110), a hosted meeting area where attendees can engage with ThoughtWorks experts. A series of ongoing sessions within the Connections Lounge are scheduled, as well as "open" time to have one-to-one discussions.
The following sessions will be presented by ThoughtWorkers at the Agile 2010 Conference: Full details on each session is available at (http://www.thoughtworks.com/agile-2010)
- Large Scale, Distributed Development Simulation with Neal Ford
- Continuous Delivery with Jez Humble and Martin Fowler
- Project Vital Signs with Stelios Pantazopoulos
- Making Feedback Work in Your Teams with Sumeet Moghe
- Product Road Mapping using Agile Principles with Anupam Kundu
- Ten Tips every Agile Team Should Know About Performance Testing with Jeff Norris
ThoughtWorks Studios, the products division of ThoughtWorks, will be presenting break out sessions on the following topics at the ThoughtWorks Agile Connections Lounge in Suite #10110 in the Dolphin Hotel:
- Adaptive ALM: A Day in the Life Of… with Patti Mandarino, Adam Monago and Matt Quagliana
- Tuning up Your Creaky Platform with Matt Simons
- Continuous Delivery Workshops hosted by Jez Humble. Topics covered include Database migration and continuous deployment; Implementing automated end-to-end functional tests; and Infrastructure automation, including cloud and virtual systems. To see a sample chapter of Humble's book, Continuous Delivery please visit: (http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321601912)
- Got a Distributed Agile Question?: Ask Our Experts moderated by Matt Simons and Anupam Kundu
- Building Mobile Applications Using Go for Continuous Delivery – with Adam Monago and Patti Mandarino
Casino Night for Charity at the Agile 2010 Conference:
Attendees are also invited to join the ThoughtWorks-sponsored event, "Casino Night for Charity" where participants can choose which charity to contribute their winnings to. This event is to be held on Tues., Aug. 10 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in the Atlantic Dance Hall located in the Disney Boardwalk area. Admission is free but capacity is limited. To participate, conference attendees must visit the ThoughtWorks booth to pick up an admission ticket. Entertainment includes dessert, refreshments and socializing with peers.
In its ninth year, Agile 2010 is the leading international conference on Agile methods in software development, bringing together many disciplines in the fields of information systems and software development to foster the exchange of fresh ideas and best practices. It provides independent software vendors, software consultants and in-house corporate development teams with the knowledge and shared experiences that lead to successful Agile programs. Agile 2010 connects attendees with the foremost leaders in the Agile domain, enriching the collective body of knowledge and influencing the line of thought in the field. It encourages debate and fosters innovative ideas based on real-world implementations for executives, managers, software development practitioners and researchers from labs and academia. To register for the conference visit: (http://agile2010.agilealliance.org/register.html).
ThoughtWorks, Inc. is a global IT consultancy providing Agile-based systems development, consulting and transformation services to Global 1000 companies. It has pioneered many of the most advanced and successful Agile methods of software development and best practices used in the industry today. At its core, ThoughtWorks helps its clients maximize investment and performance across a portfolio of complex, business-critical applications, while reducing time and risk. Its products division, ThoughtWorks Studios, offers tools to manage the entire Agile development lifecycle through its Adaptive ALM solution™, comprised of Mingle®, Go™ and Twist®. ThoughtWorks employs 1,500 professionals to serve clients from offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, the United Kingdom and the United States. For more information please visit: (www.thoughtworks.com).
O: (303) 581-7760
C: (303) 827-5164
SOURCE ThoughtWorks, Inc.