RESTON, Va., Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ThreatTrack Security today launched ThreatAnalyzer® 6.0, the next evolution of the company's fully customizable malware analysis sandbox. With malware increasingly developed with multiple layers of obfuscation and detection-evasion capabilities, ThreatAnalyzer (formerly CW Sandbox and GFI Sandbox) has been reengineered to expose these advanced threats and enable enterprises to quickly and accurately respond to discovered malware.
"As the first sandbox to market, ThreatAnalyzer has long been recognized as a leader in malware analysis, providing a complete view of every aspect of malicious code and its impact to the organization," said Usman Choudhary, chief product officer at ThreatTrack. "With ThreatAnalyzer 6.0, we've significantly raised the bar with a more intuitive and powerful enterprise-class solution that gives analysts the customized controls they need to dig deeper into their environment to uncover and profile advanced malware attacks."
ThreatAnalyzer enables organizations to recreate their entire application stack – including virtual and native environments – in which to detonate malicious code and discover how malware will behave on their networks. It can be deployed as a stand-alone solution or in conjunction with existing advanced threat detection platforms.
"The growing sophistication of custom malware and multi-staged attacks has made sandboxing environments an important tool that malware analysts need to understand these complex attacks," said Robert Westervelt, security products research manager at IDC Corporation. "The behavioral patterns and other information gained from analyzing malware behavior helps provide the context needed to identify common attack vectors, innovative intrusion techniques and attacker movement within a corporate network."
ThreatAnalyzer 6.0 introduces a number of enhancements, including:
- Greater intuitive investigation – Balancing the need for simplicity with in-depth analysis, ThreatAnalyzer offers a streamlined interface that presents the most pertinent information at the top level while giving malware analysts the ability to quickly drill into the data to look for behavioral similarities, differences or unique characteristics – all from a single pane.
- Improved insight into malware processes – Server-side processing that incorporates a rich data structure and taxonomy enables ThreatAnalyzer to discover and capture interdependencies while preserving attribution. The ability to automatically determine file types for samples with incorrect extensions lets analysts capture and analyze previously unprocessed malware.
- Real-time exploration of multi-stage malware – Support of client-side plugins provides fine-grained, customized controls so analysts can interact with malware in progress and dynamically change the parameters or create rules that trigger different behaviors. By simulating various scenarios with the malware as it executes, analysts are able to quickly understand the true nature of a multi-stage attack and how it would unfold in their environments – from infection vector to payload execution.
- Enhanced visibility into risks – Fully integrates malware assessments from VirusTotal, which checks for viruses against dozens of leading antivirus engines, with its own behavioral risk analysis to provide a comprehensive view of risk – for instance, flagging malware that may pose no threat to the user's current custom environment but would trigger an attack under other circumstances.
- Extended platform support – Increased deployment options through the support of additional virtual environments and the introduction of an easily deployed virtual appliance makes it easier than ever to install and use ThreatAnalyzer.
Try ThreatAnalyzer Free for 30 Days
To learn more about ThreatAnalyzer 6.0, visit www.ThreatTrackSecurity.com, call +1 855-885-5566 or send an email to Sales@ThreatTrack.com. Experience ThreatAnalyzer firsthand by starting a 30-day free trial at http://www.threattracksecurity.com/threatanalyzer-virtual-trial.aspx
See it at RSA
ThreatTrack will be demonstrating ThreatAnalyzer at RSA Conference 2016 in booth #S1221, Feb. 29 – March 3. To meet with ThreatTrack and/or schedule a demo, contact Jarred LeFebvre at email@example.com.
About ThreatTrack Security Inc.
ThreatTrack Security specializes in helping organizations identify and stop Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), targeted attacks and other sophisticated malware designed to evade the traditional cyber defenses deployed by enterprises and government agencies around the world. With more than 300 employees worldwide and backed by Insight Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners, the company develops advanced cybersecurity solutions that Expose, Analyze and Eliminate the latest malicious threats, including its ThreatSecure advanced threat detection and remediation platform, ThreatAnalyzer malware behavioral analysis sandbox, ThreatIQ real-time threat intelligence service, and VIPRE business antivirus endpoint protection. Learn more at www.ThreatTrackSecurity.com.
Copyright © 2016 ThreatTrack Security, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. To the best of our knowledge, all details were correct at the time of publishing; this information is subject to change without notice.
SOURCE ThreatTrack Security Inc.