NEW YORK, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Thumbplay® Music™ now boasts offline play for iPhone®, enabling users to access selected playlists and albums, even without a connection. Thumbplay Music is the most widely-available cloud-based streaming music service in the U.S. and works on all major smartphone platforms in the U.S. — iPhone, Android™ and BlackBerry® — as well as PCs/Macs. Thumbplay Music has more than ten million songs under license.
iPhone users can expect their Thumbplay Music experience to be:
- More accessible – If you're offline, the Thumbplay Music app's local caching capabilities allow you to access your favorite playlists and albums anytime, anywhere
- More convenient – The Thumbplay Music iPhone app includes a new "swipe motion" song interface, an intuitive UI (user interface) for browsing and discovering new music, and Retina Display support for iOS4.
- Smarter – Thumbplay Music's background play for iOS4 allows users to control their music while multi-tasking directly through the Thumbplay Music widget
Said Evan Schwartz, CEO and Co-Founder of Thumbplay: "We've gotten a great response to the recent launch of background play on iPhones; and, now, with caching, Thumbplay Music really becomes the ultimate in music portability and accessibility across all platforms."
Thumbplay Music has more than ten million tracks under license from all major labels and more than 35,000 independent labels. In addition to an in-app media player, Thumbplay Music boasts several compelling features, including:
- Unlimited, on-demand access to any artist or album; choose from millions of songs.
- iTunes® Playlist/Favorite Artist Import within Thumbplay Music's companion desktop app. With a few clicks, recreate iTunes playlists and have them available on your smartphone and PC/Mac.
- Genie for music discovery: Instantly generate customized recommendations from select songs – it's a great way to quickly build playlists that you know you're going to love while discovering new music.
- Favorites and effortless Playlist creation to quickly build your personal collection; auto-syncs between smartphone and PC/Mac.
- Online and offline access: No connection? No problem! Listen to music on the subway or in-flight. Available anytime, anywhere for Android, BlackBerry and iPhone.
- Music Sharing – Stream songs live on Facebook from PC/Mac: Select "Share" by right-clicking on any of the millions of songs within Thumbplay Music's desktop app. Share music with specific friends or with everyone in your Facebook network – also coming soon for Twitter™;
- Search: Find music by artist, song, album or genre; includes free previews of all songs
- Free, "no strings attached" three-day trial; subscriptions are then available for $9.99/month.
Thumbplay, which enjoys sustained profitability, has built an award-winning service centered on delivering millions of pieces of mobile content to 95 percent of U.S. devices among every major carrier. Thumbplay is leveraging its existing network of more than 8,000 distribution partners to promote Thumbplay Music. Click on the following link to watch a video demo of the app running on all platforms: http://bit.ly/b27GTY.
Thumbplay, Inc. is the leading mobile entertainment provider in the U.S. Thumbplay Music, the company's cloud-based, streaming music service for smartphones and PCs/Macs, was launched in January 2010 with more than 8 million songs under license. Thumbplay.com features licensed music, video and games from some of the world's largest entertainment companies, including: EMI, Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group, as well as several independent labels and artists and video game companies. Headquartered in New York City, Thumbplay was founded in September 2004. Investors include Bain Capital Ventures, SoftBank Capital, i-Hatch Ventures, Redwood Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Meritech, Brookside Capital Partners and Cross Creek Capital. More information can be found at www.thumbplay.com or at m.thumbplay.com from a mobile phone.
For a complete list of iPhone, Android and BlackBerry smartphones supported by Thumbplay: http://www.thumbplay.com/devices.
All trademarks property of their respective owners. No partnerships implied.
SOURCE Thumbplay, Inc.