FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Focusing on creativity and innovation as the primary drivers of entrepreneurial success, current and aspiring entrepreneurs will gather at TiECon Midwest 2010, Michigan's largest entrepreneurial conference. Organized by Detroit Chapter of TiE (Talents, Ideas, Enterprise) at The Henry in Dearborn, Mich. on Oct. 28 and 29, 2010, the theme of the conference is Business Karma 3.0- Create. Connect. Collaborate.
Top notch speakers from all over the world will discuss both technical and general business, including:
- Dr. Desh Deshpande, chairman of Sparta Group LLC, A123 Systems and other firms
- P.K. Agarwal, TiE Global Chief Executive Officer
- David O. Egner, New Economy Initiative executive director; president and CEO, Hudson-Webber Foundation
- Sandy K. Baruah, president and CEO of the Detroit Regional Chamber
- Bill Birdsall, president and chairman of MicroMed Cardiovascular
- Shawne Duperon, Six-time EMMY Award winning producer and networking expert
- Kanwal Rekhi, managing director, Inventus Capital Partners and
- Michigan Lt. Governor John D. Cherry Jr.
TiECon 2010 Midwest features various activities during two-action packed days including:
- TiE20 awards, honoring the Top 20 start-ups,
- Business Plan Competition to help realize bright ideas,
- Extreme Power Connect focused on networking, and
- Multiple tracks on content areas including Women's Forum, Global Transaction, Business Ethics and Information Technology.
There will also be mentoring sessions for budding entrepreneurs, powerful panel discussions, and several hot and emerging content discussions. The event will wrap up with an award banquet and a display of entertainment and fun.
Online registration and more information are available for TiECon Midwest 2010 at http://www.tieconmidwest.org and http://www.detroit.tie.org. For more information about the conference, please contact Jessica Matthews, Conference Coordinator, TiE Detroit (248) 254-4013 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
TiE (The Global Network of Entrepreneurs) is a global, nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering entrepreneurs internationally and is sponsored by top Venture Capital Firms, and Fortune 500 corporations; extending across 12 countries with 53 chapters, 1,800 experienced entrepreneurs and business executives as charter members, 12,000 aspiring entrepreneurs and professionals as members. TiE has grown to become the world's largest nonprofit organization for entrepreneurs. Learn more about the TiE Detroit chapter at www.detroit.tie.org.
SOURCE TiE Detroit Chapter