PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Fall is the time to get your house in order, both inside and out. It's also a good time to clean your car and get it ready for winter.
Here are some fall maintenance tips to get your home and car in good shape before the cold weather arrives.
Home Care and Repair
- Check your windows. Windows can get pretty dirty during the summer months. Clean the glass and seals and inspect all windows. Fix worn weather stripping and re-caulk inside and out if needed. Replace broken or chipped window boards or trim.
- Bring in patio furniture and inspect your deck. Give the deck a good cleaning by pressure washing or spraying it down. See if it needs repainting or restaining or if it requires a water sealer or protectant.
- Check the exterior of your house and doors to see if they need to be painted. If so, fall is a great time to touch up trim and doors to protect the exterior of your home against harsh winter weather. Clean tools with a soft, absorbent, cloth-like towel, such as Scott Rags in a Box, that is disposable and durable, and designed for fast and efficient cleanup.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts. Clear out leaves and other debris to avoid blockage and ice dams during the winter months.
Automotive Care and Cleaning
Fall is also a great time to give your car a thorough cleaning, so be sure to:
- Vacuum your car thoroughly. Include the dashboard, hard-to-get-to crevices and upholstery and around seams and seat belts where food can accumulate.
- Clean windows inside and out. Make sure to use a soft, absorbent disposable towel designed for the task.
- Clean spills off the garage floor. As soon as oil spills, place a clean, disposable and absorbent shop towel, such as Scott Shop Towels, on the floor to absorb the spill, but don't rub as that pushes oil into the concrete.
- Clean your DIY tools thoroughly. If you do your own work on your car, make sure to wipe dust, dirt and debris from hand tools with a clean, disposable shop towel. Soak hand tools in dishwashing detergent and dry thoroughly with another clean, disposable shop towel. Clean power tools by wetting a fresh disposable shop towel with cleaning solution and then wringing it out so it's damp, not dripping. Wipe down the surfaces of the tool and dry thoroughly.
The Tools to Get the Job Done Right
All of these fall cleanup jobs involve cleanup and wiping down of surfaces, paintbrushes and other tools. To make cleanup fast, easy and efficient, buy disposable towels that are soft, perform like cloth and are absorbent and durable.
Two products that are ideal for these types of cleanup jobs are Scott Rags in a Box and Scott Shop Towels. Both are now available in convenient sizes for household cleaning tasks and can be found in the cleaning aisles of Home Depot and other home improvement and hardware stores.
Scott Rags in a Box are great for general fall cleanup projects in and around the house, including painting, staining and refinishing and are available in a small, easy-to-use 85-count box. Scott Shop Towels can be found in a three-pack, with 55 towels per roll. They are ideal for workshop tasks, wiping hands and tools, as well as absorbing liquids, oils and grease.
Both products are available at a suggested retail price of approximately $5.00. For more information visit, www.scottbrand.com
Scott Rags in a Box and Scott Shop Towels are products of the Kimberly-Clark Professional Do-it-Yourself Business, based in Philadelphia. The Kimberly-Clark Do-it-Yourself Business provides professional solutions for home improvement and car care projects to make fixing up and cleaning up fast, easy and efficient.
About Kimberly-Clark Professional
Kimberly-Clark Professional is an indispensable business partner, delivering leading-edge health, hygiene and productivity solutions that provide tangible value every day, everywhere. Kimberly-Clark Professional is also committed to reducing environmental impact at every stage in a product's life cycle with its Reduce Today, Respect Tomorrow program. Known for innovative, quality solutions for away-from-home washrooms, "clean" and "industrial" manufacturing environments, and DIY settings, the global brands of Kimberly-Clark Professional include Kleenex, Scott, Kimcare, WypAll, KleenGuard, and Kimtech. With the acquisition of Jackson Safety, Kimberly-Clark Professional offers an even broader range of PPE and other safety offerings, including welding and work-zone safety products. Located in Roswell, Ga., Kimberly-Clark Professional is one of Kimberly-Clark Corporation's four business segments and can be visited on the web at www.kcprofessional.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
SOURCE Kimberly-Clark Professional