KANSAS CITY, Kan., Feb. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MS -- Standard slate gray or bold terracotta? Solid brown or a blend of three warm brown tones? For some homeowners, the question of what color to cap off their homes is more challenging than the decision of what roofing product to use.
According to color expert Kate Smith, CMG, people are often paralyzed at the idea of making a roofing color decision. "Selecting exterior building product colors can be daunting for some people specifically because of the long lifespan of those products," says Smith. "A DaVinci roof has a 50-year warranty. That's a long-term color investment. So, while it's fairly easy and inexpensive to repaint the interior of a room, you want to maximize your roofing investment by selecting a color you can live with for many years. Many people need some support and guidance when making those larger color decisions."
- Tip #1 – Take time and do your homework. Don't rush a decision. Try to envision a home exterior that you will like next year, five years from now, and then 20 years from now.
- Tip #2 – Consider your options. While a solid color roof may work for some home styles, a blend of several colors may offer a "softer" look with more accent options. Pre-bundled roofing color blends can be made with two, three, four or five different color blends that complement each other.
- Tip #3 - Investigate the different roofing color options available to you. Use the Color Design tool at www.davinciroofscapes.com to create your own custom color blends from 49 colors or to see the company's standard 28 color blends.
- Tip #4 - Request life-sized samples of your favorite color roofing tiles to hold up against your current roof to see the change that a new color will make for your home.
- Tip #5 – Look at the other homes in your neighborhood. Your home should blend in or stand out from other homes, but never clash with the rest of the homes in your community. A roofing color can help achieve a harmonious look.
- Tip #6 – Get assistance from a professional. Just as selecting the roofing product is a big decision requiring assistance of a professional, so is the choice of the roof color. Consult a color expert and use the color tools offered by experts and product manufacturers to gain a strong comfort level for your color choice.
DaVinciRoofscapes polymer slate and shake roofing tiles are virtually maintenance free and far more cost effective than the natural product. DaVinci leads the industry in tile thickness, tile width variety and the greatest selection of subtle earth-toned colors. Company products are 100 percent recyclable. Visit http://www.davinciroofscapes.com.