NEW YORK, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- High-Schooler's everywhere are beginning to think about the biggest night of the year: prom. Whether it's the first, second, or last prom, each year the butterflies and excitement feel brand new. With all the ins and outs that go in to prom planning, the excitement of the event can easily become overshadowed by the costs incurred by the student and parents.
"Parents can easily become concerned with the costs of prom as they help their teenagers plan for their big event," says Kevin Strawbridge, President of online savings hub DealTaker.com. "By simply taking some time to find the deals retailers have to offer online, you can significantly reduce your expenses and stress. It's easy to save on everything from flowers to dresses and restaurants to limos."
- Dresses and Tuxedos: Check deal websites to save extra on already discounted items at Bluefly, Ann Taylor, and BeauTiesLtd. Ladies, remember you can always buy a simple black dress and accessorize to glam up the outfit. Gentlemen, a suit paired with a bow-tie is a great look that will have your girl impressed.
- Flowers: Don't forget the corsage and boutonniere. By placing an order together with your date, you can save on offers that require a $50 spending limit. Ordering online at 1800flowers.com save you not only money but time as they will be delivered to your door step.
- Limos: Not only does sharing the cost of a limo with as many people possible work, but also think about cost-effective alternatives. Rent a town car if it's only four people or even drive yourself as everyone will be too excited to even notice how you arrive.
- Dinners and After-Parties: Plan something fun and unique like bowling or dinner with your friends. Purchase Restaurant.com gift certificates in advance to save up to 80% on your meal.
- Hair and Make-up: Utilize all the resources at your fingertips. Youtube.com has great videos from professional salon artists on how to apply your own make-up. Also, get hair tips from celebrity stylists via Youtube.com.
- Spa Treatments: Get glam ready and indulge in a special spa treatment before the big day. Sites like SpaLook.com offer 20% off for first-timers.
- Share: Stay informed and share great deals by utilizing prom forum threads on various deals websites. Try DealTaker.com's prom forum thread to see how others are saving as well.
DealTaker.com is the premier destination for consumers looking to spend less and get more. A free coupon site for members to share and take deals, DealTaker.com makes it easy to save on merchandise and services including food, travel, electronics, home furnishings, jewelry and pet supplies, among others. Founded in Plano, Texas in 2004, DealTaker.com works with more than 2,500 stores, over 20,000 followers on Twitter and more than 250,000 deal-sharing members to provide over 9,000 active coupons and deals every day.