CHICAGO, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- With a fragile economic rebound under way, distressed asset investors and corporate restructuring specialists will discuss the new rules shaping business transactions at the 2010 Distressed Investing Conference, sponsored by the Turnaround Management Association, January 27-29, at Bellagio, Las Vegas.
A case study session analyzing factors that led to electronics retailer Circuit City's eventual liquidation opens the educational program at 8:30 a.m. on January 28. Professionals with direct connections to the case will serve on the panel.
Restructuring, investment and legal experts will talk about post-recession moneymaking opportunities and potential pitfalls in other presentations that include:
Thursday, January 28
- Distressed Investing in 2010: Where Will the Opportunities Be? - Experts uncover the best opportunities in troubled sectors such as real estate and financial institutions.
- Fix it or Dump it: That Is the Question - Panelists examine why restructuring company operations is warranted in some cases, a Section 363 sale in others.
- Industry Trends: Who Will Benefit From and Who Will Labor Under the Economic Recovery? - Panelists discuss economic and competitive pressures facing technology, durable goods, hospitality, media and other industries.
- Meet the Money - Private equity managers and other direct lenders talk about how to attract capital in the current market.
Friday, January 29
- Deal Autopsy: Lessons Learned - Panelists show how the best-laid deals can go awry and identify missteps from actual cases.
- 2010: A Real Estate Odyssey - Experts examine how the commercial real estate industry will cope with a staggering amount of debt maturities.
Details about the conference schedule and speakers are available at www.turnaround.org.
The Chicago-based Turnaround Management Association has more than 9,000 members in 46 regional chapters who comprise a professional community of turnaround practitioners, attorneys, accountants, investors, lenders, venture capitalists, appraisers, liquidators, executive recruiters and consultants.
SOURCE Turnaround Management Association