ATLANTA, March 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, American Trucking Associations' Technology & Maintenance Council announced that Jeff Harris, vice president of maintenance at USA Truck Inc., has been elected 2018-2019 general chairman and treasurer during the organization's Annual Meeting.
"Jeff has been a model TMC member and an example of the type of professional standard our council strives to set. I'm pleased to see him elected as TMC general chairman and treasurer," said Robert Braswell, TMC executive director.
Harris, who served this past year as the Council's vice chairman and chairman of meetings, will succeed Glen McDonald, director of maintenance at Ozark Motor Lines Inc. in this role at the conclusion of TMC's 2018 Annual Meeting.
"Being recognized like this by my peers in TMC is a tremendous honor, one I am humbled to receive," Harris said, "I want to thank the membership of TMC for the opportunity and thank Glen for his service to our organization."
"This year has been an incredible honor for me and I want to thank my fellow TMC members for it," McDonald said. "As I hand off the chairmanship of TMC, I want to congratulate Jeff on his election and wish him luck. I'm sure he will be an outstanding leader for our Council."
Others serving as TMC officers for 2018-2019 include:
- Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings: Kenneth Calhoun, fleet optimization manager, Altec Service Group;
- Chairman of Study Groups: Stacy Earnhardt, director of fleet maintenance, Best Specialized;
- Chairman of Membership and Publicity: John Adami, principal, NW Heavy Duty Sales;
- Chairman of Associates: J. David Walters, manager, warranty & field service, ALCOA Wheel & Transportation Products; and
- Immediate Past Chairman McDonald;
- And Executive Director Braswell.
- Todd Cotier, director of maintenance, Hartt Transportation Inc.;
- Scott Bartlein, fleet manager, Barry Trucking Inc.;
- David Foster, vice president of maintenance, Premier Transportation Inc.
- Duane Lippincott, senior project manager, UPS;
- Randy Obermeyer, terminal manager, Batesville Logistics
- Randy Tumbarello, executive vice president, Genox Transportation Inc.
- Peter Savage, director of fleet solutions, Clarke Power Systems Inc.
- Jill Gingrich, vice president & managing director, WheelTime Network LLC
TMC is America's premier technical society for truck equipment technology and maintenance professionals. TMC features a diverse membership of equipment managers, service-dealers, owner-operators, industry suppliers and manufacturers, educators, academia and others that support the trucking industry. TMC member fleets represent the broad range of industry vocations, including truckload, less-than-truckload, municipal, private, on/off-highway, construction and other operations. Find out more about TMC online at http://tmc.trucking.org.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation's freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward
SOURCE American Trucking Associations