RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif., April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Toastmasters International (www.toastmasters.org) reveals the featured speakers for its 2011 Convention. Attendees will learn from various experts, whose backgrounds include sports, law, entertainment and the military, on how to tackle communication and leadership challenges at home, in the community and at work. As many as 2,000 people are expected to attend this annual event August 17-August 20, at Bally's Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nev.
"The Convention will be an energetic forum for networking, learning and discussion with a global community of leaders and speakers," says Toastmasters International President Pat Johnson. "Leadership and communication go hand in hand for success. This year most of the speakers are Toastmasters members whose expertise demonstrates how the Toastmasters program can help people achieve greatness."
The Toastmasters educational program teaches practical techniques that help people find their voice and hone their leadership skills. The 12 education seminars feature experts who will offer tips and tools that everyone can benefit from:
- Former major league baseball player Byron T. Embry: "Leadership Assassination: There is a 'Hit Man' Out for Your Character."
- Former US. Navy Pilot Karen Baetzel: "Cockpit Communication Lessons that Work Anywhere."
- Attorney and business leader Sandy Costa: "Humanity at Work – The Leadership Key to Spirit, Excellence, Loyalty and Engagement in the Workforce."
- Educator, author and opera singer Linda Henley-Smith: "Innovation in Full Swing: Flip Change-Resistance into a Change-Ready Mindset."
- Educator and coach Cathy Newton: "Lose the Excuses."
- Communication and leadership coach Sindy Martin: "Smartin' Up Your Professionalism: Displaying Proper Etiquette."
- Corporate coach and Toastmasters' 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking Darren LaCroix: "Speak Outside of Toastmasters for Fun, Profit and Club Building!"
- Administrative law judge and Toastmasters 1992 World Champion of Public Speaking Dana LaMon: "E is for Excellence in Speaking and Leading."
- Toastmasters' 2009 World Champion of Public Speaking Mark Hunter: "On Life's Journey – Get Lost!"
- Author, business speaker and Toastmasters Accredited Speaker Johnny Campbell: "Accredited Speakers' Secrets Revealed: Strategies for Earning the Highest Communication Designation in Toastmasters."
- Music and marketing mogul Craig Duswalt: "RockStar System for Success – How to Achieve RockStar Status in Your Industry."
- Engineering specialist from Saudi Arabia, Mohammad Al-Issa: "Quickly, Learn the Art of Communication."
For a complete schedule of events, including more about the featured speakers, at Convention, please visit: www.toastmasters.org/Members/Convention/2010Events.aspx
In conjunction with the Convention, Toastmasters International will conduct its semifinal and championship rounds of the world's largest speech contest – the Toastmasters International World Championship of Public Speaking. After six months of preliminary competitions, featuring more than 30,000 contestants in 113 countries, the contest will culminate on August 20, with the crowning of the 2011 World Champion of Public Speaking.
Additional highlights include international Board of Directors elections. Register to attend at toastmasters.org/2011Convention.
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. The organization currently has more than 260,000 members in over 12,500 clubs in 113 countries. Since its founding in October 1924, the organization has helped more than 4 million men and women give presentations with poise and confidence. For information about local Toastmasters clubs, please visit www.toastmasters.org.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Toastmasters International