CHICAGO, June 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cable Show 2011 the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's 60th Annual Convention and International Exposition wraps up today with a blockbuster General Session featuring Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Jill Biden, America's "Second Lady." The following events are scheduled for today at Chicago's McCormick Place.
Live Web access for all general sessions is available at live.thecableshow.com.
Thursday, June 16
9:00 a.m. (CDT)
General Session Special Appearances:
- A Conversation with Oprah Winfrey. Oprah will talk with Paula Zahn of Investigation Discovery.
- Dr. Jill Biden, will speak about "Joining Forces," the White House initiative on America's commitment to supporting military families
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation, with a demonstration of the latest in cable technology.
General Session Panel 1 – Generation Next: Leveraging the Network for a New Era of Innovation
Moderator: Erin Burnett, CNN
- Sanjay Jha, Chairman & CEO, Motorola Mobility
- Thomas Rutledge, COO, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation
General Session Panel 2 – Applications Accepted: Devices, Developers and the Transformation of Media
Moderator: Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
- Tim Baxter, President, Consumer Business Division, Samsung Electronics America
- Sean Bratches, Executive VP, Sales & Marketing, ESPN, Inc.
- Eric Kessler, Co-President, Home Box Office, Inc.
Additional, up-to-the-minute information for The Cable Show 2011 is available at www.thecableshow.com.
NCTA is the principal trade association for the U.S. cable industry, representing cable operators serving more than 90 percent of the nation's cable television households and more than 200 cable program networks. The cable industry is the nation's largest broadband provider of high-speed Internet access, serving more than 43 million customers, after investing more than $170 billion to build two-way interactive networks with fiber optic technology. Cable companies also provide state-of-the-art digital telephone service to more than 23 million American consumers.
SOURCE NCTA Trade Show: The Cable Show 2011