LANSING, Mich., Jan. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – Hundreds of students, teachers, and supporters in Michigan will be holding a legislative day, film screening, and student choir today to commemorate National School Choice Week 2015, the nation's largest-ever celebration of opportunity in education.
– In 2015, almost one of every five Michigan students will use choice in selecting his or her public school, either by attending a charter school or by participating in the Schools of Choice program. In the past two decades, school choice has helped hundreds of thousands of Michigan families access the best school for their children. Hundreds of legislative leaders, education stakeholders, and school choice supporters from across Michigan will gather today at a special event to celebrate the fact that families have access to many forms of school choice.
– Hundreds of students, parents, teachers, and school choice supporters
– Mackinac Center for Public Policy
– Representative Harvey Santana, D-Detroit
– Michigan State Senator Phil Pavlov, R-St. Clair Township
– Tuesday, January 27, at 11:00am
– State Capitol Building, Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue. Lansing, MI 48933.
– Mult box will be provided.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling, National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please contact the person listed. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
SOURCE National School Choice Week