MONTGOMERY, Ala., Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- School choice supporters and civil rights leaders will gather for a historic march on Montgomery, Alabama, to demand greater school choice in the Yellowhammer State today, January 28, 2015.
- Thousands of people from across Alabama will converge on Montgomery to march for education options in their state and rally on the capitol steps.
- Thousands of parents, students, and education activists from across Alabama
- Dr. Howard Fuller, civil rights champion
- Kevin P. Chavous, education reform leader
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
- The march will begin at the Doubletree Hotel in Montgomery and end on the South Lawn of the Alabama Capitol.
- Doubletree Hotel
120 Madison Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
- A mult box will be provided.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling. National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please contact the person listed. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
For more information, contact:
Sonya DiCarlo, Alabama Opportunity Scholarship Fund
[email protected] or (205) 206-7806
SOURCE National School Choice Week