WILTON, Conn., Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Toluna Quicksurveys today released the findings of their annual Naughty and Nice behaviors survey. The survey took a look back at the best – and worst behaviors of the year. 1,000 consumers were polled.
Naughty or Nice in 2016?
- 50% did not react negatively to politics this year
- 57% remained kind to someone with opposing political opinions
- 25% got into heated conversations about politics
- 18% wrote something negative about the election outcome online
- 17% unfriended someone because of the election or political posts
- 16% told people they voted, when they did not
- 14% have stolen a political sign off someone's lawn without their knowledge
Daunting Dating Stories
- 21% have ghosted someone! To 'ghost' someone is to go on more than one date or be involved with someone then stop communication completely with no explanation or warning
- 15% flaked on a first date they made through an online dating site
- 33% looked in on their significant other's phone or social media pages
- 54% have lied to a significant other about their whereabouts
- 48% have given their kids a reward for completing their chores
- 40% have given their kids a reward for completing their homework
- 37% have given their kids electronics to keep them quiet
- 36% have bribed their kids to get them to do something
- 35% have used their kids as an excuse to get out of doing something they do not want to do
- The Nice: When dining with family, 50% say they have a no cell phone policy at the table.
- The Naughty: When dining with friends, only 39% have a no cell phone policy at the table.
- Social Media Scoundrels: 44% have blocked family or a friend on social media without their knowledge.
Debbie-Donater or Debbie-Downer
During the Year:
- 28% donated time, and 31% donated money, 48% have donated clothing
- 60% have committed a random act of kindness for someone else (aka "paying it forward")
- 34% have paid for someone else's groceries when they didn't have enough money
- 20% have not donated any time, money or clothing
- 26% of people that found an item that did not belong to them, kept it
- 17% of people that found an item that did not belong to them, took a few things before returning it
Other General Naughty Behavior
- 59% faked sick to get out of doing something they do not want to do
- 30% considered cheating on their taxes thinking the chances of being caught by the government are slim
- 20% admit to gossiping about their close friends
- 14% told a child Santa is not real
- 12% lied on a resume or job interview
About this survey:
This survey was run with Toluna QuickSurveys, the leading self-serve consumer insights platform. Respondents for this survey were selected from among those who have agreed to participate in Toluna surveys. This survey was run with SmartSelectTM, Toluna's proprietary respondent selection methodology that relies on statistical and attitudinal matching, rather than probability sampling. Because the sample is based on those who agreed to participate in Toluna surveys, no estimates of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
SOURCE Toluna Quicksurveys