PEBBLE BEACH, Calif., March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fourth Annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine (April 28 – May 1, 2011) is positioned to continue its reign as the signature West Coast culinary event with such celebrity chefs as Tom Colicchio, Christopher Kostow, Michel Richard, Gary Danko, Tyler Florence, Iron Chef Morimoto, Charlie Trotter, Jacques Pepin, Rick Tramonto, Nancy Silverton, Jonathan Waxman, Ming Tsai, Michael Chiarello, Guy Fieri, Dean Fearing and David Myers, to name a few. This four-day celebration will bring together more than 70 prominent chefs and 250 acclaimed wineries and distinguished winemakers from around the world to the iconic Pebble Beach Resorts for a first-class display of epicurean splendor and unrivaled access. In addition to cooking demonstrations led by the most talented chefs from around the globe and vertical tastings from the world's top wine producers, unique experiences added each year make this a must-see annual event for culinary enthusiasts and wine aficionados the world over.
Upcoming highlights include:
- A Tribute to Tom Colicchio – 10 Years of Craft: This year, Pebble Beach Food & Wine will pay tribute to the revered and dynamic Tom Colicchio on the 10-year anniversary of his award-winning restaurant, Craft. In addition to a touching tribute video featuring the likes of Daniel Boulud, Tyler Florence, Anthony Bourdain and Gail Simmons, Chefs Jonathan Waxman, Geoffrey Zakarian and Claudia Fleming will work their culinary magic for a memorable evening to pay tribute to a living legend.
- Lexus Presents – REMIX: A New Spin on Haute Cuisine With Champagne Krug: An inaugural event, Lexus presents the hippest, most happening dinner at Pebble Beach Food & Wine, where a celebrity DJ will spin while Krug pours some of its finest champagne for each course. The meal will be provided by some of the most star-studded chefs, including Masaharu Morimoto of Morimoto Restaurant in Napa, Michael Symon of Lola & Lolita in Cleveland, Michael Chiarello of Bottega in Yountville, Christopher Kostow of The Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena and Dean Fearing of Fearing’s at The Ritz-Carlton in Dallas.
- Cooking Demos and Signature Events – At the Viking Cooking Demonstration Pavilion:
- Yigit Pura: Top Chef “Just Desserts”: We all love competitions, we all love winners and we all love BIG PRIZES. The Fourth Annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine brings all these elements together. The Competition – Top Chef Just Desserts, The Prize – A Showcase at Pebble Beach Food & Wine and the Winner - Yigit Pura. Yigit won the crown for Season One Winner of BRAVO’s “Top Chef Just Desserts” and also won fan favorite for the season.
- Seduction: A Love Affair Between Cheese & Wine With Laura Werlin And The Decadent Wines Of Domain Serene: Laura Werlin, one of the country's foremost authorities on cheese and an award-winning author of four books on the subject, teaches us how to get the most from your pairings, what to do, and what not to do, all while drinking the incomparable Oregonian cult grapes from Domaine Serene. Renowned wine writer, Anthony Dias Blue, declared Domaine Serene the "Chateau Lafite of Oregon" and in the now legendary "Domaine Serene vs. Domaine de la Romanee Conti" blind tasting, Domaine Serene bested the most sought after Pinot Noirs in France. Incredible Cheese & Incredible Wine – no arm-twisting needed here!
- Tom Colicchio: ‘Craft’ Of A Top Chef Judge: Tom Colicchio is one of America's favorite "Top Chef" Judges, a celebrated author, a TV producer, a well-known restaurateur and a culinary icon. His TV Show "Top Chef" on BRAVO Network just won an Emmy in 2010 for best Reality Series. Tom Colicchio is also the recipient of five James Beard Foundations Medals for his culinary accomplishments. Colicchio has over 20 restaurants spread across the United States. Since Colicchio was a child he has loved to cook and he has created an amazing career out of doing what he loves. Come watch this iconic chef do what he does best, entertain and cook!
- Dan Dunn’s Booze, Blues & BBQ: Here is a chance to lift your spirits on a sublime weekend at Pebble Beach. There are many reasons to have a cocktail at 3:30 in the afternoon besides the obvious, “It’s five o’clock somewhere,” but we have certainly upped the ante with this one. When and where else could you ever get an opportunity to taste superbly crafted cocktails by a Master Mixologist, be entertained by a hugely entertaining author and fellow ‘Imbiber’ AND taste some out of this world BBQ.
- Jacques Pepin – Culinary Master: One of America’s best-known chefs, cookbook authors and cooking teachers, Jacques Pepin has published 26 books, almost countless articles and hosted 11 acclaimed public television cooking series. His newest book and series are follow-ups to his previous PBS-TV series and companion cookbook, Jacques Pepin: Fast Food My Way. Debuting in October 2008 the latest series and book are entitled Jacques Pepin: More Fast Food My Way. The Dean of Special Programs at The French Culinary Institute (New York) since 1988, Pepin is an adjunct faculty member at Boston University. He is a founder of The American Institute of Wine & Food and a member of the International Association of Cooking Professionals. He and his wife, Gloria, live in Madison, Connecticut.
- Insignia – An Interactive Lesson in Blending: One of the most iconic, critically acclaimed wines from Joseph Phelps, Insignia is a brand trusted for quality and character. Starting with the same basic components available to Insignia’s Winemaker Ashley Hepworth, guests are invited to see if they can produce a wine that is equally compelling, delightful and discerning as the Insignia blend. During this interactive blending seminar, Ashley will provide novice winemakers-for-a-day with knowledge regarding the subtle choices that help turn an ordinary blend into an extraordinary masterpiece.
- An Interactive Lunch with Guy Fieri: This year, Pebble Beach Food & Wine offers a one-of-a-kind interactive experience that invites guests to join Guy Fieri and his larger-than-life personality as he imparts his love for and knowledge of all things culinary. Paired with chef-selected wines, this Pebble Beach Food & Wine “first” will grant guests more than just a seat at the table!
- Don’t Mess With Texas: For the first time ever, Pebble Beach Food & Wine will feature a lunch pairing the “big, bold and beautiful” flavors of Texas with those of Australian wines! With a long-standing reputation for excellence, the unwavering brilliance of Penfolds wines will be paired with five of Texas’ most elite chefs, bringing two hemispheres together for a world class dining experience. Guests will enjoy a series of dishes from some of the best and brightest chefs from the Lone Star State: Tim Love of The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro in Fort Worth, Dean Fearing of Fearing’s at The Ritz-Carlton in Dallas, Stephan Pyles of Stephan Pyles in Dallas, Robert Del Grande of RDG + Bar Annie in Houston, and Kent Rathbun of Abacus in Dallas.
- Food & Wine Best New Chefs Alumni Dinner: Rick Tramonto (1994) of Restaurant R’evolution and TRU in Chicago, Jason Wilson (2006) of CRUSH in Seattle, Gary Danko (1989) of Gary Danko in San Francisco, Nancy Oakes (1993) of Boulevard in San Francisco and Terrance Brennan (1995) of Picholine and Artisanal in New York, all previous winners of this coveted award, unite to cook together for the first time, matching a five-course menu with an array of fascinating wines.
- The Grand Finale Dinner: Sharing the kitchen for the first time, Charlie Trotter of Charlie Trotter’s in Chicago, Michel Richard of Citronelle in Washington DC and Gary Danko of Restaurant Gary Danko in San Francisco will serve memorable dishes paired with Chateau de Beaucastel, Chateau Palmer and Chateau d’Yquem. What better way to commemorate the final night of the event than with a six-course masterpiece prepared by three celebrity chefs among the vanguard of America’s culinary revolution.
- The Two Grand Tasting Events: Always on the gourmands' annual "must-do" list for the year, these premier staples take place in the 60,000 square-foot Lexus Grand Tasting tent on both Saturday and Sunday of the festival weekend. For the a la carte price of $195, guests are granted unparalleled access to 25 world-renowned chefs serving samples of their cuisine and signing their books, along with 200 premium wineries pouring more than 500 vintages.
- The Opening Night Reception: For the second year in a row, the incredibly indulgent Bubble Lounge will make a return appearance at the opening proceedings, pouring Champagne Krug, Champagne Dom Perignon, Champagne VeuveClicquot La Grande Dame, Champagne Ruinart and Moet & Chandon.
- The Celebrity Chef Golf Tournament: An anxiously awaited tradition, this celebrated event kicks off the festivities with bubbly and lobster rolls (breakfast of champions). Chefs such as Michael Symon, Sherry Yard, Ming Tsai, Iron Chef Morimoto, Tim Love and Tyler Florence will drive, chip and putt their way along the most famous golf course in America—Pebble Beach Golf Links, host of the 2010 and 2019 U.S. Open.
- Additional highlights of the Fourth Annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine include:
- Notable Events from Breakfast of Champs: Bubbles, Bacon N’ Eggs With Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, to the Lexus Chef’s Table Featuring Michael Chiarello and MELT: Grilled Cheese & Great Wine With Laura Werlin.
- Legendary Wine Tastings including Paul Hobbs, Chateau Palmer, Montrachet, Marcassin, the Prestige Cuvee Champagnes of 1990, and two Sommelier Blind Tastings.
- Select “Dream Teams” featuring such masterful chef collaborations as: Daniel Humm, Joachim Splichal, Charlie Trotter, Geoffrey Zakarian and Gale Gand at The Delicacy Dinner; and Emily Luchetti, Matt Molina, Nancy Silverton, Jonathan Waxman and Anne Burrell at A Romance with Italy Lunch.
- Cooking Demos featuring culinary icons including Tom Colicchio, Michael Chiarello, Tyler Florence, Jacques Pepin and Guy Fieri.
- Chef and Winemaker Afterhours Parties, where special VIP Package holders will have exclusive access to mingle with the masters.
Tickets: Ticket prices per person range from $100 for a single event pass to $4,750 for a VIP four-day pass, with access to all events and exclusive after-hour parties with the chefs and winemakers, as well as Lexus transportation to and from events. To purchase tickets to Pebble Beach Food & Wine, or for more information on ticket packages, visit www.pebblebeachfoodandwine.com or call 1-866-907-FOOD (3663).
About Pebble Beach Company
Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, Calif., owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero. The company also operates four world-renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course. Its other famed properties include the scenic 17-Mile Drive and The Spa at Pebble Beach, and it annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, the Callaway Golf Pebble Beach Invitational, the Pebble Beach Food & Wine event and the First Tee Open at Pebble Beach. Site of the 2019 U.S. Open, Pebble Beach Golf Links has hosted five U.S. Opens, four U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship, and numerous other tournaments
About Coastal Luxury Management: Coastal Luxury Management, based in Carmel, California, is an event and hospitality management firm specializing in the luxury and lifestyle sector. Coastal Luxury Management's partners, Robert Weakley and David Bernahl, founded Pebble Beach Food & Wine in the early months of 2007. In its first year, Pebble Beach Food & Wine became the largest luxury food and wine event on the West Coast. The company also operates Harvest: Farm-to-Table, a two-day agriculture lifestyle event in Carmel Valley that attracts 5,000 guests, 100 wineries, and 60 regional chefs. Coastal Luxury Management launched its restaurant division in 2010 with its first two projects, Restaurant 1833 and Cannery Row Brewing Company.
**Photography available upon request.
Murphy O’Brien, Inc.
Leah Goldstein, 310-586-7124, email@example.com
Laura Millett, 310-586-7142, firstname.lastname@example.org
Niki Jensen, 310-586-7122, email@example.com
Pebble Beach Company
Ryan Pierce, 831-625-8557, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coastal Luxury Management
David Alan Bernahl, II, 831-622-7770, email@example.com
SOURCE Coastal Luxury Management