OKLAHOMA CITY, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Over 100 students and teachers from across Oklahoma will be holding a special event tomorrow to commemorate National School Choice Week 2015, the nation's largest-ever celebration of opportunity in education.
- Over 100 students, parents and community leaders will call for an expansion of school choice in Oklahoma at a special event and press conference at the State Capitol. The press conference and indoor rally, will feature remarks from school choice advocates. Elected officials and community leaders will be speaking to convey their support for expanded school choice in Oklahoma.
- Hundreds of students, parents, and school choice supporters
- Oklahoma Council for Public Affairs
- Americans for Prosperity Oklahoma
- Public School Options
- Thursday, January 29 at 10:00am
- Second-floor rotunda of the Oklahoma State Capitol building, 2300 North Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Mult box will be provided.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling, National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please contact the person listed. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
SOURCE National School Choice Week