PHOENIX, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Arizona provides families with more school choices than any other state in the nation, education reform supporters say – and they're planning a major celebration tomorrow, January 29, to recognize The Grand Canyon State's status as a school choice pioneer.
- Supporters of Arizona's school choice initiatives will rally at the Capitol to celebrate the strides students are making because of increased education options.
- Governor Doug Ducey
- Lisa Leslie, four-time Olympic Gold Medalist
- Parents, students, teachers, community leaders, and elected officials
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 3 p.m.
- Senate Lawn of the Arizona Capitol
- 1700 West Washington Street
- Phoenix, AZ 85007
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling. National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please use the contact the person listed above. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
Emily Anne Gullickson, A for Arizona
[email protected] or (952) 334-2734
SOURCE National School Choice Week