DES MOINES, Iowa, Jan. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Students, parents, teachers, and community leaders will hold a special event tomorrow in Des Moines to commemorate National School Choice Week 2015, the nation's largest-ever celebration of opportunity in education.
- School choice supporters from across Iowa will gather at the State Historical Building in Des Moines for a special celebration to commemorate National School Choice Week 2015. The event is scheduled to feature remarks and a proclamation presentation by Governor Terry Branstad and Lieutenant Governor Kim Reynolds.
- Governor Terry Branstad
- Lieutenant Governor Kim Reynolds
- Iowa Alliance for Choice in Education
- Iowa Advocates for Choice in Education
- Connections Academy
- NICHE Homeschools
- Ankeny Christian Academy
- Students, parents and teachers
- Monday, January 26, 2015 at 2:00pm
- State Historical Building in Des Moines, 600 E. Locust Street, Des Moines, IA 50319
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling. National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please contact the person listed. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
SOURCE National School Choice Week