COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Gov. Nikki Haley will join nearly 1,000 students, parents, teachers, and community leaders to commemorate National School Choice Week tomorrow, January 27, 2015.
– The largest school choice rally in South Carolina history will raise awareness of the importance of protecting and expanding educational choice in the Palmetto State. Led by a marching band, students, parents, teachers, and community leaders will march to the South Carolina State House and take part in a rally.
– Governor Nikki Haley
– Students, parents, and elected officials
– Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
– The march will start at the Hilton Downtown and end at the South Grounds of the South Carolina State House.
– Hilton Downtown Columbia
924 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
– A mult box will be provided.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling. National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please contact the person listed. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
For more information, contact:
Ellen E. Weaver, Palmetto Policy Forum
[email protected] or (803) 708-0673
SOURCE National School Choice Week